PEDs

What a twat

6 Likes

Shame there isn’t a picture with the lookalike!

3 Likes

No?

FFS no words
As I’ve said on a coaching community I’m in, “Swimflation” is real, he wont get close at his age with the kids demolishing WR’s s they currently are.

3 Likes

Why?
To prove they work, we already know they do.

2 Likes

:pound: :pound: :pound:

3 Likes

Ah got it now
But again … why?
Why would some minted weirdo want to put on this obscene circus?

Combat sports is paticulary worrying
I for one wouldn’t watch it

2 Likes

he can’t…

he can certainly request one, but the system is not in place for it i don’t believe…

2 Likes

well yes, exactly…

:slight_smile:

No UKAD specifically say no, and as Hyrox isnt on the list of UKAD recognised sports then anything goes!

UKAD rules for Triathlon for TUE’s are for athletes as follows (note a TUE must be applied for before you start any course of medication unless its an emergency basically) :-

1. Athletes submitting their daily whereabouts to UKAD (that is, athletes in the National Registered Testing Pool and Domestic Testing Pool)
  2. Olympic World Class Programme Athletes (Podium and Podium Potential)
  3. Paralympic World Class Programme Athletes (Podium and Podium Potential)
  4. Elite Senior, U23, Junior and Para athletes competing at any World Triathlon event
  5. Elite Senior athletes competing at Ironman and Ironman 70.3 events
2 Likes

that doesn’t stop him requesting one…it means that he won’t get one…

1 Like

Saw that earlier and obviously if he wants to risk his long term health for a false world record and a few quid then it’s his choice.

But I’m guessing he’ll be excluded from ever competing in official events for the rest of his life, including age group competitions.

4 Likes

Isn’t this basically the NFL?

4 Likes

It would almost be interesting to see the reaction if he failed. Presumably that would be taken as “proof” that everyone is on drugs.

3 Likes

No chance he will succeed, those kids are smashing it these days, and I bet most of those aren’t on drugs as many are coming to the elite end of the sport much earlier and fresh faced. Even at the age group levels, el nino is hitting times that 20years ago would have had him in national finals. We are going to the counties this weekend just hoping to make a couple of county finals! “Swimflation” as its called :wink: NCAA’s 50yd free to win needs a 17.** and you wont make the final without mid-low 18s. The podiums were only sub 19 not long ago and going below 20 was seen as a decent goal for college level athletes, now you wont even get recruited to D1 without a sub 20!

5 Likes

What’s changed?

1 Like

When at college, a mate went for a trial to get an American Football scholarship in the US. He was a fraction too slow (1 or 2 tenths of second). The coach sent him the doctor who gave a plan of how to coordinate his doping with his training to try and find that bit of speed.

4 Likes

Really? I’m not surprised though!

Veering off topic but I used to love watching NFL and Rugby, but now it’s difficult to look past the fact it is essentially watching unusually large and fast athletes smashing into each other causing brain trauma.

4 Likes

He was given info on how to cycle through different anabolics so as to avoid side effects and how to combine that with heavy lifting, more powerful dynamic training and the sprinting. Seemed mental at the time. He did and got quick enough but we didn’t really hmag out outside iof the gym so dunno if he got in.

3 Likes

Coaching knowledge will certainly have improved, more focus of turns and underwaters from a young age, less mileage for mileage sake, but not only the case. Kids are bigger, stronger at a younger age. A lot of emphasis on process not results, fun at a young age and safeguarding means kids are generally happier so attend more, listen harder. Not sure theres really a main thing, but its similar in most indivdual “athletic” sports. Kids are running and cycling faster than ever also.

4 Likes