PEDs

Odd to confess

2 Likes

Maybe they were going to test him and he
“ fessed up” ?

Quite sad all round really.

3 Likes

Shows how messed up his priorities must be to cheat at something frankly so meaningless.

If they would have tested me at Ibiza, or the weeks beforehand, they’d have found ample amount of chocolate. And stress from work.

8 Likes

Good god
If they’d have tested me the last time I was in Ibiza …?!

I’d have blown the machine up

9 Likes

maybe he just wanted his money back from the supplier…

3 Likes

The people that sell that stuff don’t do refunds!

3 Likes

well it didn’t seem to do him much good…

3 Likes

Gb Qualifier ?
I guess if he’d have won his age group at worlds then you can see some “ enhanced improvement “

Being 50/100 in your age group ( doped is sad AF)

I wonder if he will race again after his ban?

3 Likes

Don’t think he even made top 50…

2 Likes

Dwain Chambers

2 Likes

46 year old natty now?
No?!

1 Like

And racing with some of the best youngsters in the UK.

Nothing to see here, please move along :rofl:

5 Likes

Athletics weekly:

8 Likes

Was he not done for peds previously ( twice?!)

This is just insane.

3 Likes

Just caught the once for THG, but was definitely long term use. Victor Conte of BALCO fame was his “nutritionist” but Chambers claimed he thought it was “just a supplement”. Contradicted himself years later and also admitted EPO use but dont think he was ever banned for his later admissions.

3 Likes

that’s a good reason not to tune in…

1 Like

And from the same Athletics Weekly write up, his advice for other aging athletes:

Train less and recover more,” he told AW. “It took me two years to figure that out. Now I train twice a week. My recovery between runs is longer. And for once I’ve started to work on my nutrition. Due to my genetic make up I never had to, but I now realise the importance of good food now."

4 Likes

Did you edit out the “wink wink” emoji???

4 Likes

What you don’t hear about Chambers (except from me on here obvs) is that he gave UKAD, with the help of Conte, how athletes cycle through different PEDs through their training cycles. One basic plan for power athletes and one for endurance athletes. UKAD weren’t interested and just wanted names of other dopers. Like they’re all on a WhatsApp group. The info Chambers and Conte gave allows for trageted testing out of competition. I can’t think of a good reason UKAD wouldn’t want that.

7 Likes

What’s the verdict?

He served his ban and he’s come back. Some Cyclists came back into the fold didn’t they

1 Like