Podcasts - all things podcast

One of my favourite podcasts 99% Invisible did an episode on the history of The Comrades Marathon in relation to Apartheid SA. Great episode.

2 Likes

Thank you. Keeping me company at home today.

Have you heard the old Marathon Talk podcast at Comrades? Absolutely brilliant.

1 Like

Old forumite Alice Hector is on the latest Inside Tri Show with Helen.

ETA…Just listened to it. She sounds like she’s in a happy place :grinning: .

4 Likes

I have never listened to The Brick Session but Gordo was on there so downloaded it. Mark Livesey was doing the intro and called him Gordo Bryn :man_facepalming:t4:

I loved that episode. There was another similar one when Tom ran it with his dad I recall a couple of years ago or so. I remember going to a talk by Bruce Fordyce a few years ago and it was such a good evening. It’s the only ultra I’d ever want to do.

1 Like

Anyone else listening to Sports Strangest Crimes season 2? Death of a Pirate, about Pantani.

2 Likes

Yep although:

spoiler

They list all these extravagant theories and then say, but he probably just overdosed.

I’ve listened to it and very underwhelmed.

They did a series a year or two ago on Belgravia with Alice Levine.

Definitely worth a listen.

I enjoyed season 1 on Formula 1 spying. Not got through much of the Pantani season.

1 Like

They are annoying to binge listen to, as there is more recapping than a Discovery channel documentary. But I have got through a few of them now. The F1 spygate was good, as there was a lot of background stuff that I didn’t know. The Notts County story was “if it looks like a duck…” and Shergar was a bit like Pantani, lots of speculation, everyone has their pet theory.

Just listening to That Triathlon Show podcast and Joel Filliol is on. His accent is gold. It’s in transition from Canadian to Scottish.

Edit: or maybe Irish.

Simon Ward has some bloke called Matt Spooner on this week. Reckons he is pretty quick for a bloke in his early 50s, lives in Switzerland. Doesn’t sound familiar at all.

13 Likes

Not sure if I should post here or on things you don’t want world to see chat

5 Likes

The yank essentially accusing you of cheating; utter shitlizard

That fella telling you that a podium place is within reach; utterly heroic

2 Likes

@Poet doing his best trolling also :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep…. Hero in a kilt

1 Like

@Poet the foremost expert on Roth despite never having been there :joy:

1 Like

Saying you’ve done a 9:11 when the course was at least 10km short is + 15mins. Then more for the run legs.

As mentioned on Facebook, the quote is from Thorsten over on TriRatings. Not me.

Are people not allowed to quote sources without it coming off as their own opinion?

https://www.trirating.com/challenge-roth-2021-analyzing-results/

1 Like