Podcasts - all things podcast

I haven’t seen a thread about this.So here’s one.

Not going to bore with a full list of everything I am listening to but wanted to flag a new addition that people might like.

Faster - Dr Hutch - he writes brilliantly about elite performance in his books (IMHO) and I’ve found his new podcast to be well worth a listen.

5 Likes

Since I no longer commute by train my podcast listening has dropped massively. I don’t have the time to keep up with the ones in my list. Currently just The Cycling Podcast for daily TdF chat and F1 Chequered Flag for, well F1 obviously.

3 Likes

My favourite TdF podcast is Lanterne Rouge but I do listen to The Cycling Podcast when I’ve got time.

I get the feeling that the CP guys were lashed on their last one (Stage 9) as it was a second take after forgetting to hit the record button on the first one :grin:.

2 Likes

Watts Occurring with Luke Rowe and Geraint Thomas is good for an inside view of the race. They’ve done two episodes during the Tour so far.

I feel that The Cycling Podcast really misses Daniel Friebe when he’s away doing TV.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ah. Duh :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I’m getting a bit bored with Francois and his food/culture section. It seems to be taking up a large portion of the podcast.

Kate’s voice was very loud, screechy and annoying.

It’s not the same without Lionel and Daniel.

1 Like

Just got around to listening to the Dr Hutch podcasts. They were very good, hopefully there’ll be more in the pipeline.

1 Like

Bradley Wiggins as a guest on the latest Geraint Thomas Cycling Club is a very good, honest listen.

1 Like

It’s on my list. Read the jist of it on Cycling Weekly.

2 Likes

Yeah same.

1 Like

Listened, very interesting.

Brad seems a slightly odd chap mind (no shock). Critically self-aware, but bordering an unhealthy obsession with his past self.

2 Likes

It does seem like he’s spent a lot of time reflecting on his past or more likely had a bit of therapy. Whichever, I hope that he’s found himself in a happy place now.

Anyway, I thought I’d fix your post.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Gave it a listen & also caught up with the previous one with Chris Froome, struck me Froomy must have mentioned Ironman about 5 times.

2 Likes

Well, we know he can run off the bike……

1 Like

Ha yes, they did talk about that. Apparently because the tour had not been able to install barriers there it meant that a replacement bike wouldn’t be able to get to him in that area thus the run to further up the course,

1 Like

I wonder how well he can swim

2 Likes

G also frequently mentions wanting to do an IM, not sure about his running but he used to be in the same swim squad as David Davis the Olympic OW swimmer.

1 Like

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/1d209cfc-a256-4fa6-ba4f-7fc99e6d573a/episodes/09892a56-f680-4878-ad64-c2480bf95e94/geraint-thomas-cycling-club-bonus-martin-johnson

Enjoyed this one.

2 Likes