Pontevedra World Multicross Champs

I just got back last night after 12 days in Pontevedra on the TO team for the Multisports World Champs (Duathlon, Aquathlon, Cross Tri and Long Distance Tri/Aquabike). Bloody hard work but very enjoyable as the weather played ball with nice sunny weather (I have peeling skin to prove it)

I have to say that having been a TO on many international events this was the best organised from many perspectives. The TO team went to great lengths to ensure we had fair and safe races (yes - there were swim issues but these were dealt with efficiently); the Local Organising Team, were superb putting everything in place; the Volunteers in the main were fantastic; and the City of Pontevedra came out in numbers to support - plus all the athletes I and other TOs spoke to thought it was excellent.

be interested to hear any comments from any TTers who were out there racing.

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t afford the GB trisuit :wink:

s’alright - Neil Eddy who was fastest age grouper overall in the Long Distance event (beating quite a few female elites on the way) was wearing the older ZeroD GB kit rather than the current Descente one which wouldn’t have pleased Descente or the BTF I guess when he was on the podium…:shushing_face:

A very good set of events. I made the conscious decision to stay out in Sanxenxo which made getting in to watch other events a bit of a challenge, but enjoyed great weather once it settled, great training, good food, loads of wine and saw Gomez’s 2012 medal which was impressive.

Well organised, shortest queues to get in to transition ever (after the longest ones ever last time out), fantastic support, tough course…even the tri suit was good.

1 Like

Mr Eddy has thrashed me a few times over the years.