Private Medical and Dental Insurers

We have it available through work, a BUPA plan. When I looked into it it didnt seem worth while, you paid a monthly premium and then could claim back the cost of a checkup and scale and polish a year upto a certain value. You could claim for more involved work but there were quite low limits on the stuff.

I think it depends, if you are someone that needs a lot of stuff doing youll probably get some savings from it. If youre like me an annual checkup and the odd hygienist visit is all you need Im not sure its worth it

1 Like

Been wondering about a dental plan myself. Mentioned elsewhere that ours has essentially told all their patients that they’re going private except for a handful of patients. They sent some figures eventually that committed us to something like £15 pm for a few checkups and cleans PA

Any actual work and we’d get about 15% discount.

Have essentially told them to shove it and I’d go elsewhere as a point of principle. They’re trying to blame government contracts. While I suspect they might be cumbersome I’m fairly sure it’s mostly greed.

But as luck would have it the GF has found another that is taking clients and we’re on a list and will hopefully get taken in this year.

1 Like

I have dental insurance through work with Unum Dental.
I have myself, partner and son covered but the policy is specifically for NHS costs as we are all still with an NHS dentist, as such it’s only £13 a month as costs are capped into the usual NHS bands.

3 Likes

It helps but doesn’t cover everything

1 Like