Pro cycling 2021 season

What could go wrong?

6 Likes

You’d have thought this would be the kind of thing cycling news articles would be all over for some clickbait stories!

I missed that the brake lever snapped off.

He would have been better off swapping the bike at the crash point anyway, the car was right there. Race brain.

No Froome of G in the Ineos TdF team!!!

2 Likes

Interesting!

1 Like

Guess they weren’t sandbagging after all!

Going to make it even more interesting following Vuelta and Giro though.

1 Like

Wow!

Possibility of Ineos not winning a grand tour this year

1 Like

Froome was never going to be selected after signing another contract elsewhere. slightly shocked at G but Brailsford is ruthless and maybe he thinks all eggs in Bernal’s basket and try and win something else with the others.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not too surprised at Froome but I am at G.
Maybe setting G up for Vuelta or Giro? Or is he done now?

could be , i haven’t looked at the routes but Giro/Vuelta are typically climbers tours and G isn’t a real climber so that’s a bit surprising. Probably be stuck in the Giro like Brad in 2013 as an afterthought but he even admitted himself he was overweight and out of shape.

1 Like

Yes, I bet COVID-19 restrictions have played right into the hands of dopers across the sporting spectrum this year.

1 Like

Froome for the Vuelta and Thomas for the Giro, Brailsford has said.

2 Likes

Yeah this,

But they’ve put out some crappy marketing spin on their socials about putting the best team for each so they can win them all! :rofl:

I think it is a great shame that Sky has morphed to Ineos, and the riders are no longer predominantly British.

I am sentimental, even in Brailsford isn’t. And if I had a few billion in the bank and a passion for cycling I would want to support a British focused team. It is very inspiring for young people, and exciting for fans, and we won’t have that anymore. For a Brit the tour will be poorer for it.

3 Likes

How many UK riders are there sprinkled around the Peloton?

A few - depending on the race.- Yates brothers, Cavendish still kicks about. Luke Rowe.
They are definitely a dying breed. But I am sure part of that is because teams are looking for the latest wunderkind in the environs of South/Central America rather than digging around the estates of the UK.

I know there are lots of other factors, and the ‘unmentionable’ potential doping that may or may not have taken place (I certainly don’t believe any Brits doped more or less than cyclists from other countries).

1 Like

Dowsett still riding, 2 at Lotto Soudal, Dibbens and someone else, Ethans brother Leo is at Sunweb, Fred Wright signed for Bahrain. Tanfield at AG2R, Sam Bennett at QS. Im sure Ineos still has quite a few but mainly support riders. We are definitely punching still

2 Likes

How is Dan Martin doing ?
Not British but I like him as a rider and bloke.

1 Like

he’s at Israel now isn’t he? So he’ll be with Froome next year

1 Like