Pro race chat (Tri)

van riel, he’s been sitting in the back for some time, expect he’ll kick at some point

1 Like

incredible finish!

1 Like

Kyle Smith :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Someone’s going to flop over the line, fall to the ground right into Smith’s pavement pancake🤣

4 Likes

Van Riel was sick earlier during the run when the commentators were talking about how good or bad the three of them were. His was pink.

Kyle’s was green.

Awesome.

$25k to the winner, 16k for 2nd and 12k for 3rd.

3 Likes

Great finish, Vicki & Jan are brilliant as well, compared to the utter crap from Ironman commentaries.

3 Likes

The grass finishing straight was like a proper old school race.

3 Likes

Should have had them pick up eggs and spoons :joy:

6 Likes

Brownlee actually ran ok, 62 mins compared with 1:00:30 for Van Riel and faster than Sam Long for example. Wonder why he dropped all that time on the bike

4 Likes

It’s unlike him to be that far off the bike unless he had a problem, conditions he’s normally fine with as well.

1 Like

Didn’t Brownlee shred himself doing a couple of long haul Gravel races recently? Maybe tired, as he would have been bike fit.

1 Like

Sure he did at least one and there’s the travel.

anyone not selected for the olympics and not disappointed really wasn’t in the game in the first place…

i am unsure of the french selection policy…and have no call on its justification…but i hope that the criteria was clear and followed, although his message suggests otherwise…

1 Like

Boulder 70.3

Salthouse did well to run through a 7min+ deficit and take the lead in the last km :+1:

Some biking by the newbie from Denmark to have that lead out of t2.

Not much drama from what I saw of the mens. Trevor was away with it on the run course from the get go.

1 Like

Happy to hear Lucy is going to Nice :grinning: This weekend and WC

5 Likes

Presume this weekend is for a recce and validation?

Yeah.

IMO a bit of a territory marker as well.

Oh, and $28,000.

1 Like

Is Cairns or Nice televised anywhere?

Looks like I’m at home tomorrow on me todd, would be nice to watch some tri.

Seems Cairns might be on the properties site but as it’s Oz not sure when

Tri247 says Nice is on the tracker only and Cairns is on the proseries site. I think Nice is always a PITA for IM as a fair bit of the bike course is difficult for them to transmit live.

1 Like

Just watching cairns on YouTube. Men have just finished 6:30 uk time.

2 Likes