Pro race chat (Tri)

None of them have a shoe sponsor, do they?
So they’re free to choose the best trainer.

Which, as @leahnp has told is, is the ASICS MetaRacer Sky. You just can’t buy them anywhere :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

No, i started looking. They have a Sky+ available for pre order. There are a few Skys on the Asics website (they do the 90 day return thing as well if you sign up), but in very limited sizes.

They do have the Metaracers available though, which are supposed to be rapid on the shorter distances.

Yeah i recall an independant study that called the Asics out as #1 as well. Can’t remember the details. Must admit i’m tempted to try them. Don’t think i’ve tried Asics before.

Think Currie is properly sponsored by them. Blum deffo held out to choose his own trainers. Don’t know about the Lion or the ladies. Tim Reed does a lot of independant testing - be interesting to see what he wore at the Oz IM the other week.

1 Like

https://www.prodirectrunning.com/p/asics-metaspeed-sky-shocking-orange-black-mens-shoes-251659/?sc_camp=DA20D97A35B14C52B982649142423DC1&gclid=CjwKCAjwve2TBhByEiwAaktM1PWo5caRNneEMaw5R8XNB2xNJvbPPls83b7mHMbS5NrXj6Cv7IyofRoCB20QAvD_BwE

For those with a discount code

2 Likes

They’re not on the free 90 day return though :wink:

@Poet needs to get blacklisted with a different company!

5 Likes

Keller sports have a few sizes in… and if you are midget sized 7, there’s right bargains to be had (bargain being £100+ saving; its still an expensive shoe).

Damn you!!!
Like I said elsewhere…I’m toying with the idea of some custom Next% for triathlon:

FlyKnit upper
Toggle laces
Waffle Sole

I’ve got a 15% discount code atm, so they’d come to £191 :money_mouth_face:

Sky+ has just been announced so the original will probably drop in price soon anyway.

1 Like

Yeah but a lot cheaper than the Alphaflys :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Most places are giving the Alphas away now, even Nike had them at £167

My line up is:

Hoka Clifton 8 (x2)

Nike Peg 37, these are pretty old, the rubber underneath is barely worn but they feel ‘flat’. I think the foam has gone.

Next %, still like new with about 65km on them

Hoka Speedgoat 4. like them a lot

Saucony Peregrine 10, dislike them for anything over 15km

I have a variety of insoles from Superfeet to Enertor but keen to try the Inov8 Boomerang insole. IMO an insole has a huge factor on how a shoe feels.

1 Like

This study said the Nikes were top, but that was Jan

1 Like

Sub7 bike pacing teams announced, Brownlee has roped in Alex Dowsett but no room for Skipper!

7 Likes

That’s a who’s who of the uk time trialing scene - interesting format that they only get a set number in the team and get to use them once. Might be a lonely run for them

1 Like

Maybe Skipper pulled out due to not racing St G and having to slot in another focus race?

Will Ali go for Varga as his swim pacer? They’ve been training partners for a while haven’t they? Or is there a LD swimmer that he could rope in - i don’t know much about that scene.

If he’s only going with a single runner to pace, guess it’s someone who can run around a 2.20 mara reasonably comfortably. Guess there are a good few semi pro type athelets in that sort of level in the UK.

2 Likes

He could do worse that having Wellbrock from Germany, seemed to be a pretty quick, smooth long distance guy or if from the UK is it Pardoe?

Blu’s shrinking on a daily basis…

6 Likes

Fairly sure a fit Brownlee is c70kg too?

3 Likes

That’s gotta be his Zwift weight :joy:

8 Likes

There is no way brownlee is that heavy!
I’m 185cm and have been 69kg for racing.
Brownlee looks skinnier than I did.
I’d say he’s more like 65-68kg at racing weight.

2 Likes

I used to think AB was pretty slight until I saw him in that 10km race with the Olympians a few years back. He looked like a front rower compared to them. :smile:

4 Likes