Quiches 🥧

Clearly not a hot topic, maybe a savoury one

3 Likes

I was going to go to the rant thread that I used to like quiche a lot, but now I can’t eat it ever again, I guess I can put it here.

2 Likes

Locked.

Jokes. I’ve unpicked it now.

3 Likes

I’m pretty pleased about an extra day off work. That’s about it I guess

4 Likes

Coronation chicken :poultry_leg:

1 Like

My favourite sandwich filling :yum:

2 Likes

Have to confess I haven’t been ardently following the preparations - this quiche business completely passed me by - it’s all a bit of a yolk right?

I can see why you’d lay off quiche for a while

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ll probably watch some of it in a half-hearted kind of way.

We’re very much on the side of Harry & Meghan in our house (which I realise isn’t the popular place to be) … so yeah, coronation will be a bit meh

2 Likes

Our American overlords havent confirmed if we are getting it yet. I assume we are. Dont want to ask and give the appearance of being a royalist as Im a staunch republican.

1 Like

They don’t need to know that if you’re angling for a day off! :rofl:

5 Likes

can’t say i am a huge fan…but i don’t have a viable alternative and so for ease and continuity…

i am surprised that they have survived this long but hope that they are learning the necessary lessons such as downsize and reduce extravagance…

1 Like

Agreed.

You only have to look at the USA to see the dangers of republicanism with a single, combined head of power and state.
So the challenge is to find an alternative that separates out the two roles - I’ve been told that Ireland’s is worth looking at (but I haven’t yet been bothered to do so)

1 Like

As a spectacle I think it’ll be worth watching, just as the queen’s funeral was. It’s 70 years since the last one and it’ll probably be another 20+ years since the next one.

1 Like

Completely forgotten all about it. It doesn’t make the news here and it’s not a topic of general conversation. I’d have to go and look it up to even know when it is :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

We can’t find money to pay nurses properly yet we can find the money for this shite easily enough?

Fuck the unelected scrounging lot of them.

8 Likes

So at least three kings and a queen dead in the next 20 years, that’s some bad luck for any family, but even more so such a privileged one.

1 Like

Apparently quiche features heavily in it all

1 Like

Yes, I got a bit lost at the start. Didn’t get the jokes or why poet locked it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think it was a comedic gesture

2 Likes