Race Day Nutrition and Storage

If anything, those gear cables need to be shorter; they have a huge arc and look to be under pressure where they enter the frame (has the frame been DIY drilled?)

Mine:

Then how do you turn the bars if they be short?
Frame enters there, just one of the cables has frayed so has scraped all of the top layer of paint off.
Iā€™m scared to death of internal routing and never seem to be able to take it to the LBS

"if they be short" are you a pirate?

How much do you need to turn the bars; donā€™t you lean into a turn? :wink: No issue with turning with those cable lengths. Just look at the cable runs on fully-internal frames!

1 Like

No, but you are :wink:
Iā€™ll take a look now and have a chat to my LBS about it

I was born in Plymouth, not Penzance :blush:

Just to maintain my luddite status (disc brakes, tubeless tyres, BB30 etc) Iā€™d like to point out that I donā€™t do internal cable routing either. I specifically found the year of my frame when they went back to external routing having had issues with the first internally routed model. They then later went back to a better version of the internal routing. :slight_smile:

Some frames are a complete PITA to route - like my Trek. My E-112 was really simple though, proper separate channels for each cable, not an empty downtube! Probably added to the weight thoughā€¦

I always need some classic FM on and lots of patience when cabling my Trek SC; I generally do it over a couple of days to avoid temper tantrums :joy: The real pain is that the gear cables sit under the brake assembly (which has to come off each time), and that they are held in the same stop/guide, so cannot be dealt with independently :expressionless:

Is it some Cannondales that have been sawing through the crank spindle as the cable routing goes directly under it with no guide?

Dunno. The Trek has no guide either, but unless you have an abundance of housing, I donā€™t think it fouls - at least Iā€™ve never seen any evidence of it. I also grease the whole crank axle, so that would help I guess.

Ignore the kitchen - itā€™s getting replaced.

The triathlon High5 pack was half price on Wiggle. Ordered two

1 Like

and did you use the affiliate linkā€¦probably not looking at the account :wink:

1 Like

Gah!!!
Iā€™ve also ordered from Tredz and HighOnBikes too :sob::sob::sob:

Whereā€™s the donate button?

any donations gladly received in paypal account :- admin@tritalk.co.uk :wink:

1 Like

Done. Small

That does look grim

1 Like

Yes. But not as grim as how much Iā€™ll be consuming for the 113 - Iā€™ve just portioned it out :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

Given we have the same bike and storage Iā€™m surprised it doesnā€™t fit like mine?

1 Like

How many calories do you need? Two 750ml bottles can technically give you most of what you need, if you believe the H5 blurb. Say 2x90g CHO per hourā€¦plus a spot of gel or bar.

Iā€™ll have 2x70g dextrose in my bottles over 2:30, the rest will come from solid bars chopped up. Might #smash an isogel in the first few km.

Or do you have Tin Pot Syndrome :wink: :upside_down_face:

FIXED IT!!!

For the bike;
1.5l standard mix
2 bars (will use High5, generally have Aldi paleo bars)
1 gel (High caffeine one after ten mins)

Itā€™s the breakfast, before the swim, during the run and post event drink, too.