Rant rant rant

I agree but I hate being up a ladder and nobody seems to do the old way here.

1 Like

So do I - that’s why I pay someone!

1 Like

Agree. Part of my personal rules to live by: I don’t go up long ladders and I don’t go on roofs.

1 Like

I’ll go up onto my garage flat roof. Thats where it ends.

1 Like

I love the opportunity to get up a ladder / clamber up a tree / be on a roof. But then i don’t seem to have ever lost those youthful impulses. Was talking to a friend about it the other day. Like i cant pass a doorway or my new garden arch without swinging on it, or pulling myself up. Similarly if i need to get something from the other side of the bed, i don’t walk around, but diving forward roll over the top!

It drives my wife crazy when we’re in the kitchen as i’m always swinging in between the worktops and stuff as well!

6 Likes

PULLED A TINY MUSCLE IN MY WRIST - IT’S AGONY - SO CAN’T RIDE, GOLF OR SELF CARE FFS. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

1 Like

My first encounter with death as a child. About 11 years old and attending the local failing rough as fcuk comprehensive. One summer a classmate fell through a roof 30 feet to his death. I didn’t know him. It was never said but the rumour was that his dad was probably out to rob the place and has sent the kid up onto the roof to break in and open a window. So, I figure I now earn enough to pay others to work on my roof/windows/sky dish etc. I call this my “Rod Hull rule”.

6 Likes

BEEN OFF TRITALK FOR THE DAY, CHECK AND THE RANT THREAD HAS 36 NEW ADDITIONS, ONLY 2 OF WHICH WERE RANTS, RANT OVER

8 Likes

I broke that rule once, we have a flat roof on a small part of the property, 2 stories up and the roofer invited me up to take a look at what he had done. I was shitting myself. I also had to fix a gutter once, hanging off a ladder at that height trying to single handedly connect guttering wasnt my most enjoyable bit of DIY!

1 Like

PEOPLE EXPECTING ME TO WORK :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve a car to vacuum, fill up and a run to do.

Stop making me earn a living :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

UCNTING HERMES JUST LEFT A £500 LENS ON MY DOORSTEP IN PLAIN VIEW.

4 Likes

I PAY £45 TO HAVE MY WINDOWS CLEANED, AND IT TURNS OUT THAT’S OVER 3 TIMES THE GOING RATE!!

(I do have quite a few windows)

5 Likes

And that is just for the west wing

2 Likes

BadAsh’s house

6 Likes

Compared to my £6.50/month - does make me wonder just how many windows you have :flushed:

WHY IS THERE NOT A CONFESSIONS THREAD?

(I felt the need to confess to have never cleaned or had cleaned any windows in any house I’ve lived in)

9 Likes

I had a Zipp wheel left on our doorstep too once!

On windows…
I think our windows were £12/pop, but we stopped when we were having the building work. I’m sure postcodes have as much to do with it as the number of windows. So BadAsh probably lives in Islington.

1 Like

I feel I should be posting this on MoneySavingExperts does this quote sounds right forum. I just went and counted, it’s roughly 22 x (mainly standard double) windows + 2 x ceiling height windows + 1 x bi-fold door.

I didn’t have a stop watch, but the bloke did seem to be here for up to an hour, using one of those pole things.

I spent about an hour last night browsing a forum for window cleaners, trying to find their going rate. It seems frequency does play a part in the price. We have them done every 12 weeks.

I’m going to get some quotes I think!

I live in Swindon (sorry, that’s for the confessions thread)

2 Likes

MY PRINTER BROKE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. I’VE SPENT A WEEK TRYING TO DECIDE WHICH ONE TO GET AS THERE TOO MANY OPTIONS! AND DESPITE HARDLY EVER USING THE THING I GET DRAWN TO THE FANCY FEATURES, HENCE AFTER STARTING LOOKING AT THE £30 JOBBY, I’M SOON FIND MYSELF LOOKING AT A £300 ONE. BECAUSE I HARDLY USE THE THING THEY RECOMMEND A LASER PRINTER (SO INK DOESN’T DRY OUT) AND OF COURSE THEY COST MUCH MORE!

1 Like

I’ve done some very silly/dangerous things over the years; way more than Pen Y Fan on a windy day. BUT I DON’T NEED TO ADVERTISE IT TO THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD. IS THIS WHAT PASSES FOR ‘NEWS’ IN THE MODERN DAY?!

4 Likes