Rant rant rant

At least it hasn’t been “claimed” by someone else.

1 Like

Swift recovery @Doka

Cheers @Poet okay is subjective though, don’t think this will be a full recovery.

7 Likes

Shit, sorry :cry:

@Doka - Sorry to hear that, I thought it would be bad enough with a long recovery.

Take care, Paul.

Jeezus man - you are one very lucky dude. Can’t imagine what was going through your mind as you’re bleeding profusely.

Heal well

1 Like

DO NOT PUT YOUR APPLE WATCH UNDER SOMETHING THAT WILL CRUSH THE GLASS WHEN YOU SIT ON IT. THE WATCH STILL WORKS OK BUT FOR SOME REASON IT’S NOT EASY TO READ… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

'cos this is self inflicted damage, repair isn’t covered under Apple Care so it would cost £286 to get the glass replaced. as Mrs FB was the one who damaged it, she has decided to buy me a new one using a load of John Lewis vouchers she had :grinning:

I could get the glass replaced by a 3rd party company for £90 but I suspect it won’t be as good as an Apple repair - or a new one!

9 Likes

if apple don’t specifically tell you not to do this then surely you have a valid claim, how are you expected to know these technical details, that’s why you get an instruction manual. Same as freezers having warnings inside saying not to climb in and shut the door because you might die. If we were all clever enough to know these things then we wouldn’t need all the helpful warnings we get on everything these days.

1 Like

There was an instagram post the other day from Sam Briggs, a crossfit competitor who was using an old chest freezer full of water as a cooldown bath. It was full to the brim and the lid was still attached, it gave me the fear just looking at it.

1 Like

the lid doesn’t even look properly open, could be a scene from Final Destination - is it plugged in as well !!!

1 Like

… Or the Darwin Awards

2 Likes

I was reading a guide to making one of these yesterday (yes, I was pretty bored, and living in a flat I have no-where to put it). Their recommendation was that you set it up so the power cable goes over the lid and prevents the lid from being opened when the power was turned on, which made sense to me.

What’s the issue with the lids though? It would be a shock if it fell on you, but I had thought modern lids weren’t an issue… if I can pull the door open from inside then presumably I can push it open from outside? It’s not like the old ones that had a latch. Or am I missing something?

1 Like

it wasn’t an overly serious point, but i have a chest freezer which is quite difficult to open (I had to make a new handle after it snapped off). I’m sure with her biceps she’d get out unless you got knocked unconscious. Cold shower or bath (no ice cubes) is all I can manage in any case so it wion’t be anything I’ll be experimenting with :cold_face:
The original point was that if we don’t have instructions telling us not to do stupid things then it is not our fault but who it was who should have told us not to do it, Darwin Award etc. Anyway back to my report I am really struggling to work on today.

1 Like

Been calling my doctors all afternoon, permanently engaged, then finally get on hold for 30 minutes to be told there’s no appointments left and to phone back tomorrow.

Is there system incapable of doing more than the current day!

1 Like

It’s tactical. To meet targets they have to give you an appointment within a certain time (48hrs I think). So if they can stop you getting through, then you don’t count as a failure.

3 Likes

Ahh, I see! Sorry, missed that; I’d heard it as a concern before so wasn’t sure if there was something I was missing about opening a freezer from inside.

I used to do the cold-bath thing somewhat frequently; once I was used to it it wasn’t too bad. Properly cold water though… I’m not sure I’m tough enough for that!

1 Like

@Doka that sounds horrendous.

Sucks that it happened, but so glad it wasn’t even worse.

Good wishes for a full recovery

2 Likes

PEOPLE EATING CEREAL IN THEIR GARDENS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes it’s warm and brilliant being able to take breakfast in the garden, but what I don’t want to hear is;

Your damn spoon banging the bowl at 50 beats per minute - how much cereal do you have? How small are your mouthfuls? Do you even chew, bro?

Then SCCHLLLLUUURRRPING your drink like a whale.

I AM INSIDE MY HOUSE and can hear all of this!

Also, chickens.
They’re loudAF :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

You clearly need another wall. :grin:

6 Likes

Move to Wilmslow, they say. Great place to live, they say. Posh innit

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes