Rant rant rant

Just took our dogs out… Through the (over privileged) estate heading to some grassland.

Dogs having a sniff at a hedge outside a house and an old lady inside starts waving her hands about at me.
Did the ear to the hand… And she charges to the door.

What you doing?
Walking my dogs

At which point she then accuses me of them peeing up her hedge.

She was 87…as she told me mid argument. And she has to clean it. And it smells

Erm my dogs haven’t weed.

Don’t you have a mother??
Erm yes, and she doesn’t falsely accuse me of stuff.

I’m going to ring the council…
Go for it…

I appreciate she may have a genuine issue, but don’t go blaming anyone you fancy.

I kept my cool as she lost her shit 🤷

15 Likes

I would have said “you didn’t win the War for this to happen eh?” or something else glib, and toddled off :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Smile, nod, encourage and wave a friendly goodbye.

2 Likes

Yeah part of me wanted to be that bigger person.
I failed.
Tho I doubt the next person she accuses will be as polite.

2 Likes

I had a neighbour of about that age a while ago who was forever having a go about something, after the second or third rant I started mouthing the words with no volume coming out, childish but that’s me really.

9 Likes

Nah, that was me, actually I need to go again… flop it out and splash her shoes.

5 Likes

If they were pooing I could almost see the point if you didn’t make to pick it up

Peeing? What you supposed to do? Soak it up with a sponge?

1 Like

Problem is, it does smell, and once a few dogs have done it, every dog does it.
Then the hedge starts to die and doesn’t grow back.

There’s a guy on the private road (to cars) opposite ours with a nice polite sign :+1:t3:
(No sarcasm - it’s good, I’ll get a photo)

Yeah but all it takes is a polite word and washing it away with a bit of water from a watering can. No need to dash out onto the street and rant at someone.

2 Likes

Yeah if it’s a problem just politely ask.
I’ll take a wide berth from now on anyways.

2 Likes

Right, after chaos of having Indiana Jones on the street outside the office, we now have Batman setting up production and restricting access to the building and street for another week.

4 Likes

:dollar: :dollar:

Cracked bike frame last week, Garmin stopped connecting to satellites this week. Dug out old Fenix but won’t hold a charge and turns off as soon as you disconnect the power.
Looks like some expense is incoming!

5 Likes

£90 to service a seatpost FFS.

KIDS DON’T KNOW “HOW TO BE BORED” nowadays. Holiday Club cancelled until tomorrow as staff having to isolate. Both home here; Son is lost in Minecraft or whatever screens; daughter is huffing because she needs to be entertained. Our ‘stupid jobs’ are affecting that.

Anyone else trying to multi task?

2 Likes

It’s good for kids to get bored though right.

Not that it’s helping you right now.

I think my mother used to tell me only boring people got bored when I was younger :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

@Hammerer i need my trust level boosting. This ‘you’ve got no more likes for another hour’ nonsense is getting on my nerves. So i’m a free loving like hippy. Deal with it TriTalk servers. Especially when we’re all having an Olympic triathlon watch party!!

9 Likes

Word

1 Like

Find some old episodes of Why Don’t You on Youtube and show them how we used to live!

7 Likes

“when we were your age…” :joy:

1 Like