Rant rant rant

Semi redeemed myself. Found a guest house in St Austell for £65 p/n but that doesn’t really change the above!

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Erm…is that missing a zero or two :dizzy_face:

EDIT: oh. Just on coffee :exploding_head:

1 Like

and some cake and a toastie or 3 :blush:

4 Likes

Just been to the kid’s sports day.

a) was well boring. I’m sure it’s an impossible task, but it seemed badly organised, no communication etc.

b) no parents race. :joy:

11 Likes

And after you’d trained and tapered :joy:

8 Likes

I asked this and there isn’t a parents race at our school either. A parent rep is taking it to the head. I want my shot say glory.

5 Likes

As weird as it sounds I was actually dreading it a bit. A lot of our parent friends from the same class obviously know that I ‘run a lot’ etc. So there was this weird sort of pressure, that ultimately came to nothing.

4 Likes

A friend of mine fell and almost bust his shoulder at his kids sports day. I think that school has stopped them since as they are (literally) a liability.

TBF, that this guy got overcompetitive, and fell was a surprise to none of us that know him :smile:

4 Likes

Nice work BBC, move Sherwood to BBC2 because of some tennis without any notice and of course the sky box doesn’t know so can’t record it, brilliant

2 Likes

Something very similar happened at our kids school, unfit Dads trying to be Usain Bolt and popping Achilles tendons left right and centre. It all stopped except, bizarrely, the Mums’ tug of war :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Ive had the same problem. Gone to watch the tennis highlights and its recorded them but its not yennis. Its Tinne Tempa talking about art or some shit.

2 Likes

IPlayer?

Same happened to us

What happened to hire car prices. In 2019 we paid 350ish iirc for a weeks car hire in Sardinia, just a Fiat 500L , looking at closer to 800 this year, more at some places. Add the obligatory don’t get stitched up for excess insurance and its close to a grand.

2 Likes

I looked at prices for a few days in Switzerland, soon changed my mind!

3 Likes

I just got a Kangoo van for a weekend for £84 :man_shrugging:t4:
A car is £115. But I can sleep in the van :+1:t3:

4 Likes

I feel like I would expect to after 3-4 pints of mid-strength IPA this morning.

Last night the most exciting thing I drank was some sparkling water.

Ah well, I guess I’ve got away with some 3-4 pint nights in my time, so maybe this is just the universe getting its own back. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Ask around, someone might have it on VHS for you :wink:

1 Like

I heard/read somewhere that car hire places sold off a lot of their cars during the pandemic so lack of supply has pushed prices up

2 Likes

Probably the same as a lot of companies in the travel and holiday sector, bumping up prices now to try to recoup some of their losses when everything was shut down.

Some of our guys regularly fly to South Africa and a “cheap” business class fare used to be £3-4k. Now the minimum seems to be £5k with some even higher. Anecdotally, air fares are higher across the board.

2 Likes

They always used to only use them for a year as well, so if that’s still the case they’re probably struggling to replace them.

We got an email off our travel team saying car hire needed at least a weeks notice to guarantee a booking a couple of months ago.

1 Like