Rapha Festive 500

“ Though the challenge was created on the icy roads of southern England, the Festive 500 has become a global phenomenon with participants in every corner of the world. This year, it enters a new world altogether as kilometres covered on Zwift count towards your Festive 500 total for the first time. There really is no excuse not to get involved.”

Bollocks.

1 Like

I’ve got permission & as we’re not visiting any relatives this year :mask: I may be in.

I’ll not be going out if the roads are icy & I may head over to Cheshire to flatten some rides. I’m allowed to during those 5 days, right?

I don’t Zwift.

3 Likes

I’ll probably have a go, depends how it goes the first few days. It was quite a long slog the 2 times I’ve done it before which included a couple of 80-100k rides.

Zwift should help, what’s the flattest course?

2 Likes

For Watopia I’d say Tempus fugit - cruise with Coco

2 Likes

Booo hiss

1 Like

The insanely dull Casse-Pattes.
Just do a U-turn before the Petit KoM.

Does about 2m elevation in 20km

1 Like

I haven’t got a single French badge yet. I was on a course that I thought was Ven Top but it was pretty boring as well. Went through some sprint or other and the ‘Balloon Fields’? I bailed.

:man_shrugging:

Going to give it a try this year.

Wife working so it will a ‘cheaters’ option while kids chill out.

For those zwifting it there is an Evo base ride on Saturdays/Sundays - 160km @ 3w/kg

3 Likes

Nice. Will look into those

1 Like

I was looking into it until I saw you need to be Strava.

You could create a private account?

I could,in the same way I could watch Die Hard at Xmas…

3 Likes

Hahaha

@Adam Evo base ride 160km at 7am Saturday/Sunday. Well led and stick to the advertised pace with sweepers to help you back if have a bad moment/drop out.

Found them a good way to manage longer rides and a bit of chat helps pass the time.

1 Like

My regular Satdi long un if the weather isn’t nice.

3 Likes

If you’re doing 45 loops of Tempus Fugit, watching Die Hard 1 & 2 just might get you through it.

Ho ho ho, now I’ve got a machine gun.

4 Likes

Well I won’t sign up to Strava for this (or anything) but if anyone is planning a long ride at ~2.5 w/kg I might join in.

I was also thinking of knocking off the 25x Volcano badge during that time.

Tomorrow looks a reasonable day but the Met Office are busy issuing weather warnings over the festive period :grimacing:

We’ve got snow forecast, 500k on Zwift will be a tough ask! Tempus Fugit anyone?

3 Likes