Rumble in the TriTalk Jungle - 2020

There is only one SAS; whenever I see a business using that for their name, it makes me cringe :sweat_smile:

SAS = Statistical Analysis Software.
Or it was. Back when it evolved from PL1.

Yours is “who dares wins.
Mine is “The Power to know”

We won’t talk about the airlines

What about Shearer & Sutton at Blackburn circa 1995

2 Likes

SAS - Software as a Service

That’s what I was thinking!

That’s SaaS.

1 Like

Ah Poet does it again.

IS IT THREE OF THE CLOCK YET???

STAFFS STAFFS STAFFS

GENERAL ONLINE REGISTRATION

Registration will open on Wednesday, 2 October 2019, 4:00 pm CET (3:00 pm BST).

Ah, them were the days.

More Walt behaviour…:wink:

1 Like

I think I’m out. My coach thinks 5 weeks before Vitoria will slightly compromise the final build for that race. Suggesting Outlaw Half instead. Mid-May gives me 8wks, which is more optimal.

1 Like

In times like this, you need to ask yourself: WWLD

What would LIONel do?

ROAR!

2 Likes

Or what would Cam do

1 Like

I thought 5 weeks was considered optimal, but maybe that’s if racing at IM pace as a kit rehearsal. Certainly I would expect a hard race to disrupt training for the following week, so maybe only 2 weeks of build left before taper.

WWWD?

That has a much better ring to it!

1 Like

Obviously, being Aussie, it would be What Would Wurfy Do. They love sticking a ‘y’ on every single word.

Yeah, even before getting a response from my coach, I was thinking things through and it felt tight if you were to race it (certainly not dropping £000’s for a glorified training day!). As you say, a week to recover, leaves only two full weeks of further build, which seems too short. Whereas 8 weeks gives a nicer flow of 1 week recovery, 1 week ramp back up, 4 week final full build phase, and a 2 week wind down.

I thought it was an O

I thought that’s how Spanish was invented? Like ‘mano a mano’ seemingly means ‘man to man’ (f*ck me that winds me up)

IN!

1 Like