Rumble in the TriTalk Jungle - 2020

So, options here. I must confess to stroking my goatee in consideration of IM70.3 Staffs.

It needs to be fairly central.

3 Likes

Could definitely get on board for this.

I am definitely on board with this.
Though, ā€œThe Dentistā€ @chickenboy would take us all down to pottery town.

The run course has two fairly nice ā€œhillsā€ in it on the path up to the castle, but the path is quite wide.

Iā€™ve not done the event - just been reading the past three years (since it moved from Shugborough) reports and sifting through the photos.

1 Like

To clarify. Youā€™ll have to zoom in.

2 Likes

^^ hmm, so Coventry then? :sweat_smile:

I was actually contemplating this, as it would be a logistically more straightforward warm up half if I go long, and timing would work to what Iā€™m thinkingā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll be on board. Need to actually perform

Bit late in the year but Outlaw X is inside your map? My mate did Staffs 70.3 but wasnā€™t very impressed, something about the logistics of the split transitions I think.

1 Like

Outlaw X is Thoresby Hall and end September, so likely be a season closer.
@Jorgan (like me) just about stops training at the end of July for six to eight weeks.
(Iā€™ve just put away the TT bike and prepped the winter bike and put autumn wheels on the BMC)

Staffs transition looks painful

When @chickenboy is back from his jollies, maybe he can explain it to us.

@stenard - This is six-eight weeks before Bolton?

Is that not a one-off this year to celebrate 10 years? It would be odd to carry on the branding otherwise.

Market Bosworth is smack bang on the centre there.
TTMan2.0

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering how long my TT bike will sit in the bike box now. Didnā€™t ā€˜Savaloyā€™ once get his TT bike out of the box about 10 months after Barcelona for his next race? :smiley:

I think he just goes to horse racing now!

1 Like

It is. But that date is also the timing of some other Euro races. Just need to finalise a few bits before committing. Have decided after everything Iā€™ve read that I really donā€™t want to have to fall back to Bolton in all honesty, but that weekend is about ideal.

1 Like

ā€¦and suspiciously close to your location :joy:

That was his last ā€œraceā€ though, wasnā€™t it?
Went 9:06 and passed up on the Kona spot.
Then did ā€œnothingā€, but then went and did Outlaw.

Yes, thatā€™s it.

Itā€™s a pity challenge henley was driven away.
Despite the rather crappy roads I think it was a great event if you stuck to the half.

I thought the X must have been for ten years but theyā€™ve just released dates for next year so :man_shrugging:t2:

Odd to carry on the branding for Outlaw X perhaps, but not surprised they want to continue a 1/2 at end of season

Only midlands alternatives to Staffs I can think of are Vitruvian, Market Bosworth, Mojo and Grafman (stretching definition of central). Would much prefer to avoid Mdot where possible, but Market Bosworth and Mojo are only average.