Howdy peeps… I used to be very in touch with Garmin & options for bike computers & running watches and I’ve worked my way through a series of forerunners in the past.
My 910xt was never quite broken enough to need replacing and has done me very well, it’s now gone AWOL so might just be the excuse I need to replace it… and the options & prices seem to have skyrocketed !
Requirements are I think:
- GPS pace etc
- HR BT/Optical nice to have
- Battery life circa 12hrs on 910xt was ok, more nice to have
- Live tracking app ? (Has been good with Garmin bike computer, would be good for this too but seems to be a Garmin only feature)
- Routes/tracks ?.. when I could be bothered to upload them to the 910xt they were handy, but a breadcrumb trail is enough. Maps would be nice but I have my phone with OS maps for anything serious I’m carrying a paper map & compass anyway… so much beyond on track or off track is overkill.
- Altimeter ?.. nice for logging but rarely used in anger.
- Music ? No… Notifications ? No … Smartwatch ? probably not.
- Multisport - Primarily running/ultra, swimming of some sort would be nice, bike has dedicated unit (positively modern 810) so no worries there.
Any other features I didn’t know I needed ?
Garmin ? Suunto ? Tomtom ? Coros ? Polar ?
Any experience / suggestions welcome.