Salomon Sizing

Does anyone else have to go a full size up? I tried on two models and both the same. Glad I popped into Sports Direct to try a pair before I pulled the trigger Online! Looking to get the Ultra Mid 3 GTX; you know, for a bit of trotting about on the hills carrying some (extra) weight.

Yes their sizing is weird. I normally have a 12 in a shoe and 13 in a trainer. They only do half sizes over 11. 12.5 was far to small in their boot so went for 13.5 which fits ok.

I think they come up a bit smaller than other brands. I take a L in the SLab Ultra 5 vest but the equivalent UD vest was a medium.

Based on that, I ordered some XL Salomon shorts the other day and they fell off me. I went for L but might have got away with M.

My Mum bought me a L Salomon running belt and it nearly cuts me in half. I need a XL or XXL in that.

Strange brand when it comes to sizing!

i can’t fit into Salomon shoes at all. they’re really quite narrow. Sizing always seemed ok for me though.

I see they do Wide versions though.

Their sizing is definitely on the small side for shoes. Even in women’s.

On that note - anyone have any experience of Hoka sizing? Can’t decide if I need 0.5 or 1 size bigger or just the wider version. I’ve never taken the wide in any shoe :thinking:

I’ve run in a lot of Hokas. here’s my take, generally I hover between a 9 and less so, a 9.5 UK on most brands. With Hokas I nearly always go for a 9.5 as it makes up the difference if you can’t get a ‘wide’ version. However with Hoka trails, I always go up to a 10 UK to avoid toe bumping.

I really like Hokas but they only work for me if I use Superfeet Blue or Carbon (grey) insoles. Otherwise they are a blister factory.

Thanks. A clear response I’ve been looking for. I got every opinion on other running shoes from my club and how to size running shoes. I’ve done sport longer than most, it took a lot to not put an extremely condescending response back to them all. Hey ho. People hey :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

I only went into the local Sports Direct to get an idea of sizing; the lady in there starts asking me what I’m going to use the shoes for, and gives me advice on better foot-beds I can use if I intend on doing a bit of running in trekking shoes/boots etc. I just politely went about trying them on; in that ‘cool story bro’ kind of way :upside_down_face:

I agree with all of this. Hoka’s give me a long blister under my arch, however, after a lot of kms they do get better. I have been using Hoka Clayton 2 for my slower lunchtime runs (I leave them at work), but I did complete my first 2 Ironmans in them

Nike Pegasus 36 - size 43
Nike Vapor Fly 4% - size 44
Nike Vapor Fly Next % - size 43
Hoka Clayton 2 - size 44 2/3
ASICS Gel DS - Size 44