Scuffles at Snowdon summit

Ridiculous. There’s 360 degree access to the trig point; I would have scrambled around the queue too. It’s a mountain ffs.

What would you do (apart from avoid Snowdon!)

1 Like

haha - a mate sent this the other day. Flippin ridiculous on so many levels!

Yeah but it’s not a good British day out without a queue and a punch up :joy:

3 Likes

But surely the north face is much much harder, I’m sure I’ve heard that.

1 Like

I think that’s the point. If you choose to walk up Snowdon on a busy day, then expect to be held up in this socially distanced world. If you aren’t prepared for that, then find another hill.

2 Likes

Only thing missing is 8 pints of stella and a kebab

2 Likes

They’re not summitting Everest FFS - if I got close to the top and there was a queue for the trig point I think I’d give the summit a miss and head on back down, but then I guess if it’s not on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter it didn’t happen :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s photo culture isn’t it. Go anywhere these days and you have to dodge the bloody selfies. I hardly ever take photos anymore. I’m beyond that. My wife documents our life but says that if she dies first there’ll be no photos of her. Which is a bit sad. But it’s a reaction to the sheer bloody folly of going to every nice place and people constantly photographing everything. Instead of absorbing the moment.

Now photobombing though, that’s a different story!!

Sorry, I know everyone’s seen it, but on the off chance 1 person hasn’t…

5 Likes

Don’t know if it’s genuine or not. Best to think it is…

4 Likes

I’m sure I’ve seen this guy and his other half on the Scottish Hillwalking page on FB. He moans constantly, not even sure why he goes hillwalking.

1 Like

I hadn’t!

1 Like

Ha, I reckon it’s tongue in cheek.

1 Like

Our national sports.

• queuing
  • boo’ing
  • fighting
2 Likes

Honestly Id just fuck off home. That ‘peak’ looks shit anyway.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thanks

Trust me, that ain’t unique to the UK.

Maybe relive the part of my life where at 2am near the bottom of Cader Idris we were given 30mins to be at the top or be off the course. And they meant it too.

3 Likes