Smart Turbo Trainer

Hello,

I’m new to cycling and a complete beginner. I’ve managed to borrow a Felt F95 8 cassette road bike from a friend and will eventually look to get a better one once I have more experience and money.

I am looking to get a smart turbo trainer that will integrate with Zwift. I’d be grateful for your suggestions of a good one at a cheap price. I’d also been keen to hear of any you’d stay clear off please.

Thanks

1 Like

Have a search for the all things turbo thread, some suggestions on there, but you’d need to check with the manufacturer if it’s 8 speed compatible.

I think you should be able to put an 8-speed cassette on the freehub, but you’ll probably need a spacer or two.

1 Like

Thank you very much guys

Shimano 8/9/10 speed cassettes are fully interchangeable. So you’ll need to get a trainer with an 11 speed Shimano free hub and then put on the spacer to convert it to 8/9/10 speed (which should come with the trainer, it does for the wahoo kickr anyway)

1 Like

Plenty of cheap ones about - I’m turning over a Drivo 1. Run it with a 10 speed cassette and a spacer, so would work well. I know - spamming a bit, but yours for a hundred if you want it.

1 Like

I got a Wahoo Kickr Core at the weekend and love it, super simple to set up, is a smart trainer so increases/decreases resistance for ascent/descents

1 Like