Spas

Lots of people claim to speak to god…

…not much evidence of god listening though…

2 Likes

I think that excuse crosses many religious boundaries…

1 Like

The RC religion tho - goes back to the first pope. Being JESUS. Which is just fucking mental, especially when you see how corrupt after a few hundred years that institution became

It’s hard to take European art history seriously sometimes when you can’t your head around the total fuckwittery of it all

I guess they provided the money for a few characters to advance their perception etc

peter?

There’s nothing like controlling the afterlife to corrupt people…

2 Likes

Yes sorry - Jesus established Peter as the first pope

Same difference ( mad as fuck )

I totally agree tobyhitl.

One of my learning outcomes from posting there is consideration of how cults and cult leaders could work. That is one end of the spectrum, the other end is that it is exactly what it says on the tin. Esoteric freemasonry with non masonry esoterics thrown in.

There is a line between guiding people to ‘know themselves’ better, gain their ‘spiritual authority’ and rebalance this planet, and leading people through suggestion, reinforcement, and charisma.

I think that the forum owner is genuine, after twenty years (with a big gap in the middle) of interaction. If nothing else it’s fun.

Re Jewish Priests, from checking with a Jewish forum and from a Jewish lady I know, Priests are very important to their religion and held in high regard. The title passes from father to first born son, traced all the way back to biblical days. Perhaps any Jewish forumite here could explain it better than me.

In an ideal fantasy world I would like to rebalance this planet between darkness (egos, money addiction (I am at £15 trillion now btw :rofl: ) desire for and fear of losing power etc) and light. This Jewish Priest seems to believe that I have Gods backing to do so. Which begs the obvious question why have I been unable to do so after a quarter of a century of trying? Enough said.

But I do like to learn from him, as he he has helped me catapult my esoteric understanding forwards. He is a good man. But I remain wary of cultish aspects (eg of how one forumite took real issue with me for questioning him). I question him all the time.

1 Like

Just once?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just realised that I am being sucked back in here, which I don’t want to do. Happy to answer certain specific questions but that’s it. So I am back to reading.

Always interested in those who claim to understand or at least speak with god…

Do you tend to sit closer to them on the bus or further away?

That’s power for you…

I don’t know if this will help tobyhitl.

1. I find it helps to take a (Hollywood film and series) Stargate approach to God. Numerous aliens (who came here in their fiery craft per various religions), some good some less so. Apologies to any that might upset.

2. When you are looking at art, what blew my socks off was realising some years ago now, that across multiple religions and across time, notable religious figures are depicted as having halos. Focus on the halos (illumination, lighting the way for others, the light of God within etc). The rest is interpretation.

3. It’s enough to make you want a good spa session.

Or you simply recognise that religion moves certain people to be creative and religion was the holding the available purse strings…

as is that…

Dunno

Was wine soaked last night. To be taken with a pinch of salt

1 Like

Focus on the halos. They are there cross religion, cross time and across our globe. Ignore my bracketed interpretation, it was after all in brackets.

The common thread are the halos. It was quite a moment in the Ashmolean when that dawned on me.

Anyhow enough, the spa question has been answered.

in some cases copied down the millennia and in each case a guess that they are illuminating anything other than that depicted…