Starykowicz doping sanction

now there’s a comment for a different site altogether

4 Likes

doesn’t wearing a yellow wrist band exempt one from this?

3 Likes

I thought it was a yellow jersey?

2 Likes

that too…

And that email said “if you race you are commiting an anti doping rules violation”

2 Likes

Currently it’s still unclear whether he will start at the PTO Champs or not.

That’s because when brains were handed out, he was at the back of the queue chatting to Joe Skipper.

12 Likes

I like Joe…

Following his exploits whilst I do my stretching/ static leg workouts.

His laugh is awful, but he seems to be going well.

He has a better coffee machine than any of you…!

2 Likes

He seems likeable enough, just not very smart.

1 Like

How smart do you need to be to swim bike and run very very fast …?!

Not very I’m guessing.

He would have had a great Kona this year I’ll bet, but maybe not quite there yet.

Well you need to be smart enough to remember your passport (twice) to get places and need to be smart enough not to go for a 300km ride in lockdown for all the world to see and then make zero apologies for it.

Optics matter, I couldn’t name a single race of his that has made an impression but I can name the things that did.

Same with Starky.

3 Likes

That’s a smart coffee machine he has, his home turbo setup isn’t bad, but not up to the same level as some other Pro’s.
The lack of tchotchkes in his house concerned me.

7th at Kona 2018 and 6th in 2019 I think?

Agree with you about image and conduct being important for pros, in terms of their livelihoods. But those results certainly impressed me.

His race at Roth when he ran himself into second behind Frodeno is one for me

1 Like

I think his National 12 ride was outstanding, the guys he’s racing against may not be professionals … but they don’t work 9-5 either, and don’t do much swimming or running.

He was really coming into form at the start of this year hence the IMNZ win.

I’m sure he would have got to Hawaii this October, I hope that form returns for 2021.

He’s never going to be a brain surgeon I’ll admit

2 Likes

What was that last word tech… ?!?

What are they?

I thought about you and some of the others as I wrote about his percolator … if that’s what it is…?!

As long as he doesn’t take take drugs, kick his dogs or support trophy hunting his private life should be his.

I get he’s sponsored and the long ride at the start of lockdown was a bit daft, but if you look at the actions of some of the people who actually run the country… he’s a saint.

2 Likes

Skippers NZ win was very impressive. Would have been interesting to see if the Kona podium was in his reach this year

1 Like

Urm 323km iirc; his Garmin ran out remember.

After another session of litter picking on a nearby lane, I’d say as long as he doesn’t drink Fosters :sweat_smile:

2 Likes