Strength training

Spent a years gym membership on a home rig. 300kg max weight power rack, 7ft oly bar and 80kg of weights.

Going to get ripped during the great lockdown.

4 Likes

Alright Magnus, calm down.

I’ve seen you IRL, start off with a tennis ball and you’ll be reet :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ingenious. I was given similar, but physio had me balancing plates on my knee. That seems much safer (if I was still able to go to a gym!)

A mate who owns a fitness studio recommended this site as good value. Wolverson

ETA: I haven’t looked yet so might all be commercial gym type stuff.

Almost everything sold out at Mirafit :see_no_evil:

Now I’m worrying about getting a treadmill if they go Spanish on our asses.

If it’s the long haul, maybe even putting a pool in.

1 Like

Yeah. I had to order the power rack from MiraFit and the bar and plates from Powerhouse Fitness as neither had everything in stock.

I’ve used Powerhouse Fitness before. Shoddy customer service, even in a non-Covid environment.

That said, they sell decent equipment and there is always a discount voucher available…

1 Like

Already had an email from them saying we’ve had shit loads of orders so you might be waiting a while.

Can see the stuff I ordered being sold out as loads of other people ordered it first

1 Like

I found a setup for about £720 CrossFit cage so it has a load of crap I don’t need, but includes 140kg weights.

Procrastinating now.

1 Like

If you buy that, you have to train without a top on

1 Like

Yep, and you have to shout HooYah when you finish a set.

3 Likes

I found some flagstones round the back of the shed whilst trimming the hedge.

Boom boom

I have had the workout to end all workouts. The ultimate weeding session and sledge hammering an old concrete pond. My back is not happy!

3 Likes

Stretch. And beer.
Solves all gardening related problems.

1 Like

I was looking for some kind of challenge or routine to get me away from the PC for a few minutes every hour or so.
I came across this which seems to fit the bill, hoping to do it 3/4 times a day. All the Men’s Health ruffty tuffty type plank challenges were just do it a bit longer each day whereas this seems more varied and balanced.

1 Like

Procrastinated too long and I think every website is sold out of every power rack out there…except a flimsy looking MH one from Argos with a half weight Olympic bar.

1 Like

Yep. Not even sure if my stuff will get delivered. Everything is sold out. Realised I dont have a bench. They are all gone too.

I have a couple of dumbbells, a kettlebell, a pull up bar and a turbo trainer. Should keep me going for a while along with a bit of riding and running.

In fact, unless they ban outdoor exercise, the only thing I’ll not be doing is going to the gym.

So I wondered why Amazon had a notice about “adult items” in the Power Cages category…now I know.

2 Likes