Super League Triathlon (NEOM)

Watching on the red button as well Channel 981 on my sky box.

Categories - Sport on iPlayer

So weird watching the Zwift avatars running

Well that was fun

Enjoyed that.

Like the look of those curved treadmills.

2 Likes

Impressive from Beth Potter, her swim has really come on

3 Likes

Tim Don taking a lot of interest in JB’s trainers. I know they must wear trainers, but is JB wearing proper trainers?

I thought the women’s race was fantastic, including the product placement and branding.

Saturday afternoon of no Premier league, on the BBC. An hour of entertaining racing, including computer avatars to capture the kids imagination.

Chapeau SL!

3 Likes

Thought the treadmill would be cheap as it is not motor driven :grin:

Aye, one for our oligarchs :smile:

2 Likes

That was great, loved it. Total suffering on that last run, I thought a couple of the guys were going to expire.

Got it in the end, it just suddenly appeared in iPlayer so saw from the women’s 1st stage last leg but on a bit of a delay.

I thought Johnnie was going to do it until he seemed to fade slightly in the swim when I was expecting him to catch up.

I thought they looked weird when he put them on, like the tongue split as he put them on and resealed. It was just a split second though. Interesting TD is looking though. He was always pretty late on getting his bike shoes on too.

I have one…i reckon it takes at least 10% and possibly more effort to run on these until you can hold your pace…

a great training tool…for form and performance…

4 Likes

there’s no rule that covers what running shoes are made of or look like - the only rules are that shoes must be worn by elite athletes and spikes aren’t allowed indoors. (there are also slight different rules for cross and winter events)

Haven’t seen the results but watching now on YT

Is it true that the treadmills are harder to get going if you are light, as the commentators were saying?

Sounds like one of those things that seem right but in reality is not.

Yes, we used to have one in my old gym and it’s a bit like a flywheel, you have to get it up to speed first.

Brilliant racing, I love the super league format and it even made zwift interesting to watch. Beth and Alex clearly worked on swims, I looked more at Alex but he went 2.16ish for his first 200 which aint too bad. 3rd swim he held his own as well.

So on the Zwift cycle leg you can get up to speed before the race starts, but not on the run leg?

Also, they talked about the drafting changing from double to half, can someone explain this to me? How much help is a half draft?