Super League Triathlon (NEOM)

Couldn’t find a Super League thread so thought it might be useful to have one but this was specifically prompted by my stumbling across this:

All star (I use the term loosely in some cases) single discipline athletes against top triathletes.
I think Super League got off to a bit of a shaky start as some of the formats they tried didn’t work too well but has settled down to enjoyable events that I like watching as a bit of a novelty. This appears to be another experiment that may or may not attract a different audience.

1 Like

Will Brian Jacks & Andy Ripley be taking part?

1 Like

As long as they haven’t got Kevin Keegan on the bike leg :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

For me anything to get a bit of TV coverage. The ITU really does need a shake up to bring some entertainment to the sport and I love Super League and its throwback to the 80’s and 90’s when the sport was “real” and attracted decent sponsorship money and good close racing.

1 Like

…and allowed the Speedo/Man bra combo.

3 Likes

Any mention of Superstars on a triathlon forum deserves this vid.

I remember Joshua also crushed everyone else on the uphill mountain bike distance race despite the weight disadvantage. The guy is some athlete.

3 Likes

Who was it that always did really well on that, was it Alain Baxter from memory?

Just listened to Chris Mcormak OA podcast this week, where he talked about how him vs Lance Armstrong in a triathlon was part of the inspiration behind Super League equaliser.

1 Like

Yes! That would of been some race…

… also loved his candid view of all the fans boys in the pro ranks!

I’ve just finished my audio book for the month, so this podcast will fill my commutes for the next week whilst I wait for my new credit just nicely!

I saw some promo from the SLT arena games that they’re returning.

Also spotted @MrPG GG on the advertising material, so looks like his great race at PTO has earned him a slot, with plenty of exposure again. :+1:

1 Like

Yes he’s been invited to race. I think they were looking for some LD athletes to smash!
He’s looking forward to it, no pressure and good fun. Good contacts too. He’ll probably be the only first time Zwift user taking part too!

3 Likes

Brian Jacks …used to eat shed loads of oranges caused uproar when he oiled up the squat thrust mat did about 150 in a minute

1 Like

How’s George feeling for the weekend @MrPG?

He’s quite relaxed about it I think. Spoke to him earlier and he still hasn’t told the team he’s never used Zwift before yet so we’ll see how that goes tomorrow when they ask him to log in :joy: . Curved treadmill was tricky to start but thinks he’s got the hang of that now.
He hasn’t done any specific training for it as he has a target 70.3 in May.

4 Likes

:joy: Brilliant!

It’ll be a steep learning curve on the zwift drafting dynamics and oddities (unless it’s a TT race, I’ve not looked). Good luck to him.

1 Like

So - 3pm today on the superleague website- is that right?

1 Like

Bbc red button and the triathlonlive app as well.

3 Likes

It says it’s available on iPlayer but I can’t find it

I’m watching it on red button. Went to categories, sport & there it was.