Swimming for Hammers and Spoons

The glory of…a birthday present I got a year ago.

“Subs” runs out in six weeks I think, then I’m back to slumming it.

Wife wants to take away my swim membership but I’m clinging on.

£2.55 sandwich was my lunch, yesterday hoping we can get through the month but the wife still refuses to do any financial planning whatsoever or cancel her £130/month mobile contract so it a roll of the dice and see what happens as the weeks tick toward pay day. The glory of financial abuse.

2 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:
I pay £4

3 Likes

I know this should move to the finance thread, but seriously, wtaf?!

2 Likes

Soz. I may be exaggerating anyway. It’s a stupid amount for an evergreen device contract. Barely leaves the house so neither of us truly need mobiles.

:-1:t2:

6m03

10 Likes

Decent work that, biscuit boy :coffee::cookie::qatar:

Does your watch do that vibrating per lap thing?
You can set it to 1:30/100m pace and it’ll vibrate when you’re meant to be hitting the wall :white_check_mark:
So set it to 1:29/100m and you’ll be nice and ahead.

3 Likes

a quivering wreck, requiring lifeguard rescue

4 Likes

I doubt it!!!
You were what? 4s off a sub six there.
Get it done!

2 Likes

Laura Stephens

Get in

14 Likes

Boom! Well done @fruit_thief.

Had a pretty good swim too yesterday, 750m in 11:31 which is close to PB but at the end of a 5.5km set, definately made another little step.

8 Likes

Nice :clap:t2: at the end of a big set too. Saw you did a monster aet of fast 100s and 50s a few days ago too

I had planned to do some 100s after that 400m effort , but was so chuffed to break 6 minutes for the first time this year, I just swam down and got out for a coffee :see_no_evil:

It’s great having unrestricted pool access, but it’s easy to get a bit soft

3 Likes

That’s the Friday team swim though, drafting chaingang style. It’s a great session but the times aren’t close to representitive.

2 Likes

ah, bet it’s great for upping your game though. Guess there’s no slacking when your in a line swimming at 1m20 or 1m25 per 100?

2 Likes

My favorite session of the week, just do what you’ve got to do even if you weren’t feeling up for it.
The 100’s off 1:40 straight after WU were keen though this week :flushed:.
Good drafting practice too in some heavy chop, usually 10+ of us in the lane.

3 Likes

I made steady progress in the pool over the last 18 months & can say my pool swimming has been at it’s best since 12 months ago. OW swim pace had not matched the progress I made in pool though & I’d been unable to match the times I set in my local lake pre accident.
Set some PB’s this morning though so looks like the pool effort is finally transferring, seems there’s no substitute for actual OW swimming for improving your OW times though.

7 Likes

Swam 10x200m off 3m30 this morning, Hit the wall in 3m02 - 3m07. Was happy with that although thought I was going to have a coronary on the last few.

Ideal world I’d like to be able to do them all in 3m00, but those few extra seconds are tricky & I don’t appear to be getting any younger

8 Likes

Nice set that

1 Like

Nice one @fruit_thief :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

A fair bit faster than me :face_with_peeking_eye:
I did a CSS Test this morning;

400 pull
300 paddles
4 x 50m moderate free
100m easy
JAFFA CAKE
400m hard
200m easy recovery
200m hard
100m pull warm down

Piece of pie this swimming lark.
A few 200s here, 300s there, maybe a few 100s, heck, why not 2km as 50s only?
Then some easier longer stuff.

Stay away from the fins, kickboard and buoyancy shorts folks :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Wish we could use paddles in LCC pools.

This wokey paddle and fins bans makes me furious :laughing:

4 Likes