5x100, 4x200, 3x300 2x400, 1x500 for me.
10-15-20-25-30s rest after each, because I maintained same pace/100m. I use turnaround times so any drop off in pace would have meant less rest.
Aim next few months will be to maintain that pace now through stuff like 400s up to 800s, and then hopefully continuously OW.
One of those sessions I’ve been skipping for far too long this lunchtime…4x400 main set. 10 years ago it was 5x400 off 7:00, alas no more. Did those 4 off around 75s RI (waited for pace clock to hit top second time around). Preceded by 1k drills inc 8x50 ankle bands.
I just did this, because you did.
5 400s off 7:00.
First and last were warm and cool.
Now, look at my club swim paces from last week, then look at when I’m alone with a lane to Myself and laser focus to get back to work within the hour…I don’t think I’m the problem here
No, I’m not in Manchester anymore…hopefully soon!
This was a 25m one…I’d just got my inhalers, so was dosed up!
I haven’t drank alcohol this month, so am sleeping better, plus, I’d just failed an exam so was ANGRYaf.
Like Jim said in the running thing, lots of things at work in hitting a pace.
Just “clicked” today, I’ll be back at 1:35/100m on Friday
Still feel like I’m making progress. Wednesday’s club swim was a lot harder than recently, with three 400s at threshold pace. I managed 6:02/8/6. The middle one was hampered by some backstroke “recovery” in between, and for me, that tires me out more than aids recovery!
Did a shortened technique set this morning as restricted on time. It included 3x(100 band into 100 swim). Amazingly I did a 1:32 for the opening 100 with band. The third one was nowhere near as good, but it was still under 1:40. Doing these a bit more regularly does seem to be aiding the body position a bit, so will continue to persist.
Swam yesterday on my lunch break, plan was 10x100 and 10x50 after a warm up (I’ve only got Oly/70.3 lined up). Managed the 10x100 at the sort of pace I was expecting but needed more rest after the first few, form was going and getting more ragged so added more recovery time. Only had time for 5 or so 50s after that. As a starting point it didn’t feel horrendous but obviously a fair way from my best and where I need to be come June.
Yep pool was just as busy this week as far as I could tell. Not been to the gym this week though. It seems more things are being cancelled and more measures are being put in place compared to previous outbreaks that I can remember though? Hopefully it doesn’t go as far as swine flu in terms of transmission and not sure if the “can’t survive temps over 24*” thing is true?
Don’t they have a bunch of cases in places like Oz, Phillipines, SIngapore, Middle East etc. Surely they’re all over 24 pretty consistently? Or are they referring to something more specific that i’m missing?
I’m really, really pleased. did a 3000m non stop swim. 52m20s just under 1:45/100m pace, around 1h6m Ironman pace. My pace was steady, and felt good, I would have no issue swimming an extra 800m at this pace
I usually swim slower in a pool, so this is a really big deal for me, and gives me confidence that my 1h5m swim ambition is achieveable… now all I need is a race that is not canelled
For some reason Strava thinks I did this in 42m, no idea why
Now, I may be wrong in the position I took, but regardless, I came across a bit of an asshole in the pool tonight…
I’d been in a lane on my own for 20 mins, when upon getting to the shallow end, I saw another person had got in and was stood up adjusting his goggles getting ready to swim.
I immediately moved from the centre to one side, and started to rotate counter clockwise (as we’ve done in this lane for the entire 10 years i’ve used the pool) instead of swimming down the black line.
As I finished my length and was returning back, now on the other side of the lane, he swam head on into me.
He then proceeded to then lay into me, claiming that everyone swims clockwise in every pool on the planet… telling me that I don’t own the pool… etc etc… I gently pointed out that he watched me swim off counter clockwise, and that lanes don’t all rotate clockwise, and anyway, usually neighbourng lanes do opposites to avoid arm clashes and to let swimmers duck under the lane rope to overtake etc… but he was raging.
Was I in the wrong, or, was he just a complete asswipe?