Swimming for Hammers and Spoons

Yeah check again this morning, there’s like 13:10 on Weds afternoon :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s all I’m going to do.

I probably should get the swim cords out for a bit to try and wake up my upper body beforehand.

1 Like

Cords/bands might be a very good idea. Although I only managed 600mtrs or so, as I sit here I can certainly feel that my shoulders & forearms had some exercise earlier.

I’m not too sure that Yoga With Adriene has kept me in tip top swim condition :joy:

3 Likes

Did you see the post on the friends of Charlton Lido group? first day over 50 paid no shows, the locals ain’t happy! Id imagine most are members so the Lido have lost potentially more than £500 of income from non members there!

1 Like

That’s very disappointing.

I’m a man at liberty after tomorrow, so I was thinking of loitering* near the lido on for last minute slots. This has encouraged me :wink:

Ive also been watching the app and on the day slots have been appearing and disappearing occasionally.

Shame the temperature is plummeting this weekend.

*Loitering isn’t actually allowed

2 Likes

Just got a 9:30 tomorrow :champagne: and there’s a 10:30 available tomorrow @Hammerer

1 Like

Swam today. Great but my triceps are in bits now :rofl: only did 1k with El Niño but he made me do mixed stroke. Avg pace 1.23 / 100 somehow. Swim training clearly overrated :rofl: (we were doing 50s with good rests so not as impressive as it sounds)

5 Likes

Yer they clearly getting a few cancellations so worth keep checking. Once holidays over I may join, no minimum term and £32 pm , when its a tenner per session. Can use most Better pools when they open so Eltham is in also locally!

1 Like

Booked in a couple of seesions for next week, can book the thrid one tomorrow :partying_face:

3 Likes

Same. Got two session booked for a couple of evenings

2 Likes

£60 per month adult membership, if it were closer maybe. My options are back to virgin active or walnuts - half the price but not inspiring. If I’m going to swim 4/week.

Other option is to keep swimming on the back burner and just worry about getting the 6 runs/week in.

Hmm. Maybe split it. 4 months frequent swimming for the olympic races, down to 1 long swim per week for two months up to IM.

Or chuck the lot in because none of em will happen eh? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nah Better swim only is the 30, full gym 60.

200s today, quite a bit of congestion at the turnarounds.

There’s a lot of people with fins on. Fins and board, fins and butterfly, just fins. Not sure any of them took em off at any point. Doesn’t help me feeling slow already either :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Booked in 7am M/Tu/Th/F to Walnuts next week.

Paypal making my life a misery so I’m currently on hold to make the initial payment, but the bookings and DD are in place…

1 Like

Got a pool session booked for next Tuesday. It’s a family swim, so no likelihood of me actually taking any meaningful strokes, but will be good to be back in the water. The training effect will come from the embarrassment of exposing my lockdown gut in public.

6 Likes

Sh!t! I’d forgot about that :see_no_evil::rofl:
Mine is coming out at 0615 on Monday.
I’ve got 4 days booked next week - just gonna do 1-1.2km each day to get used to it again…

…which reminded me, it’s time to soak them back to life! The Huub is not in a good way :scream::sob:

2 Likes

28:20 for the 1500m not a bad starting place. A long way to go to 25 in the next few months though :laughing:

3 Likes

not bad, and the lido is a slow pool with the shallow depth from half way, add LCM into it also. You’ll be much quicker at Walnuts

1 Like

Seems to be hour long slots at Nuffield Colliers Wood :tada::tada:. Booked Monday to Thursday at midday next week :heart_eyes:.

Going to start short and build. Jumping straight into OW last year, and doing 60mins continuous after months of no swimming, ingrained some pretty poor habits I think that took quite a while to shake.

5 Likes

Booked for Tuesday and Friday morning. Lifeguard on standby.

6 Likes