Swimming for Hammers and Spoons

Just found out my local pool is close until June for maintenance! :joy:

3 Likes

Pools up here won’t be opening until April 12th by the look of the website, LCC pools that is.

I cancelled my Nuffield DD before Lockdown 2; can’t see me going back there for a long time tbh. Will just pop down the road to local leisure centre…should I feel the need to actually swim. Which is questionable this year.

It’s only outdoor ones on the 29th remember, I thought there’d be loads of them in the north with all the hard northerners!

1 Like

Is that Charlton Lido? I was trying to get in there yesterday until someone explained the 7 day/5 day thing. Realistically I’m only going to use it until the 12th so membership is a bit of a luxury.

If I’m a man of leisure next week I’m hoping for a Thursday daytime slot.

Next Tuesday 06:30 is showing free and bookable at 18:00

1 Like

Think our gym pool is planning on 12th, I’ll probably try a bit of rowing first to get some shoulder strength.

The OW near excel will be restarting soon I presume? Probably a bit chilly yet though.

Although I know people going in the North Sea, it’s currently about 6c :cold_face::snowman: Apparently this is the coldest time of the year.

:laughing: Theren’t many near me. OWS was a few degrees off them opening at the weekend. You don’t feel the cold in a flat cap.

2 Likes

Lake near me is £10/pop; so no thanks!

1 Like

That’s bookable from 18:00 tomorrow, but still hope :rofl:

1 Like

Yep lido is a tenner now, they upped it from £6 when they reopened last summer.

I’m gonna do a CSS test first swim back.
Sub 6 400m
Sub 3 200m

Then I ain’t swimming again :rofl:

3 Likes

Loch Lomond when warm enough. I intend to swim for effin’ miles, but most likely my arms will give up after 15 minutes

Same story with Hampton outdoor pool. Every session completely full and in some cases 40! people on the wait list. I’m keen to get back swimming but I think I’ll wait until the 12th

As swimming sessions will be strict time limits, to maximise your in water training time consider doing the Swim England land based warm ups that most swim clubs operate. Called RMAP, raise, mobilise, activate and prime. SE have a good resource here for dry land stuff you can do

5 Likes

Well that was fresh.

First of all it was cold hands/feet then nasty ice cream head, but I did manage a bit of swimming.

My swim buddy said he had to scrape snow off his car this morning :joy:

9 Likes

@joex Lido quietened down a bit, taking El Niño Wednesday, 6pm tonight for the Thursday bookings!

2 Likes

You only need to wait another 2 weeks for indoor pools :joy:

1 Like

@jeffb I just can’t help myself, I love swimming :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

You need help :joy:

1 Like

Jesus Christ, liking your post will only encourage you! :joy:

3 Likes