Swimming for Hammers and Spoons

Cant you get up early and get to Luffbra for their 50m job?
Have Derby finished theirs at Moorway yet?

Sounds like excuses to me :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah you’ll be ok. 9 weeks enough to at least not sink/ get round ok

2 Likes

I dont need swimming sandbagging excuses - Im just sh1t at it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Booked in fast lane - optimistic

1 Like

Impressive. I did a 1:34 “warm up” and felt nice and long, powerful and smooth.
Then did a load of drills and my arms turned to jelly.
Tried 4x100 to finish, and couldnt break 1:40 despite huge rest! They were proper efforts :man_facepalming:
Did a relaxed 100 to cool down and only just dipped under 2:00.

It’s going to be a long way back :sob:

7 Likes

Didnt drown :heavy_check_mark:
Manage 50metres without getting stuck behind a c0ckwomble :x:

F**k is wrong with people. It clearly states speed per 100 metres when booking. Im not even sure she could walk the length of the pool that fast, let alone float down it with the tide.

Covid also has no chance down there… the sheer amount of perfume will kill anything!

10 Likes

Yeah, but your running :scream:
Impressive weekend run for you :+1:t3::muscle:t3:

I did a 40 minute easy jog and nothing Sunday (well, another flat 10km, taking us up to 50km walking last week)

1 Like

off topic, but the last week I really seem to have rebounded on the run. I think some recovery after the bigger volume fortnight before Easter (which was largely bike) is now paying dividends. My running was feeling really really flat before that block. I was struggling to run my old MP for mile repeats.

1 Like

Wow really? Where’s that?

The virus semi-binds to perfume molecules and rides the greater dispersion perfume provides…:grin:

2 Likes

Well it was a council pool - now contracted out.

Fast/med/slow

I was barely scraping along at that pace… and I was lapping her every 4 :triumph:

1 Like

Ah right so “fast” is 2mins/100, so there will be a bunch of people all over each other there whereas no one in the other lanes knows or cares how fast they are going :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the other lanes just float at different speeds. Its always the one causing the speed disruption thats also the one oblivious to anyone else in the pool. Pushing off right infront.
Just effin wait till your out the back of the line.

This is why I stopped public swimming… its just not good for my sanity :rofl:

1 Like

It’s amazing how angry I get swimming. The launchers as you hit your turn, they hit my rage button the most - yet I cannot bring myself to speak, calmly or otherwise, to them either.

4 Likes

Guys hospital is a God send. I was booked in today but sod cycling to work in the snow this morning, back in tomorrow. 3 lanes (it is 4 but they make it into 3 most of the time) but never more than a few people in the pool. Non covid often had a lane to myself. the few times i went last year was 1 to a lane also. The Lido last week wasn’t too bad, but far from ideal, fast lane was over busy so went in lane 2 but meant I was held up but as its about getting a few strokes in rather than strict sets at the moment then its not an issue to wait an extra 15 seconds per length

Guys has a pool? Open to the hoi poloi?

1 Like

Phwoar!
That’s a bit quick :see_no_evil::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

:rofl:

see message!

1 Like

I hadn’t heard that expression before - sandbagging: to downplay someone’s expectations in order to deceive them - hustling even? Is that like telling someone you’ve done no training to then resoundingly thrash them. That’s sneaky

2 Likes

Oh yeah. This forum is full of it! :joy: :joy:

Either that or we’re all a jolly modest bunch

2 Likes

Very common in golf. Pretend to be weak when actually strong.

1 Like