Swimming for Hammers and Spoons

Oh I can imagine especially if a bet riding on it

Its like @Toyota_Crown telling everyone he has T_Citus or a broken hip or some other ailment then smashing out a 3hr marafun or an ironman a week for the summer all faster than most of us could dream of :wink:

3 Likes

Excuse my reticence but I can’t sandbag right now as I’m currently in some parallel universe where West Ham aren’t complete :poop: and might even finish ahead of Spuds. :open_mouth:
It’s no wonder Mr K. Lancer hasn’t shown his Norn face round here :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I pretty much swim like a sandbag, does that count?

5 Likes

I haven’t seen or heard from the pinkponcer in some time. Last seen living on a boat in the Thames.

50m pool as well :eyes:

2 Likes

Got a bit carried away on the first one :joy:

6 Likes

Welcome to my world :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Bloody great to be back today, not sure tomorrow will be as quick :see_no_evil:

1 Like

No :rofl:

I’m not back in until Thursday now.

My arms definitely wouldn’t thank me with back to back days!!

2 Likes

My arms filed for divorce this morning.
Did an easier one.

Easier one today, shoulders are feeling the BURN
#MadGainzBro

4*
(
200m free easy/mod,
200m pull easy
)

7 Likes

1500m

4 Likes

12 x 100m off 2:00
1km fins and snorkel (trying to sort technique)
1km pull and paddles

8 Likes

I feel like a lightweight here.

400 w/u, 400 kick, 400 pull, 4 x 100

Arms are all wobbly now. And it appears I have forgotten how to keep the pull-buoy from escaping from between my legs. Enjoyed it though.

8 Likes

Decent set that.
I’ve got Similar in mind for Thursday :+1:t3:

Just gonna do some ego boosting 50s (generally do these in under 40s, which makes my average Strava pace look amazing :see_no_evil::rofl:) and drills Tomorrow

2 Likes

Jesus, do you hate yourself?

5 Likes

That’s a good amount of kick, at least 10% is my general prescription, but doesn’t have to be all with board, think of kick on side, torpedo kick, kick on back, some fly kicking, all really useful.

2 Likes

Back in the pool this morning. Didn’t worry about doing sets just get into it accepting it wold slow and I would fatigue real fast. Lots of pull bouy in there, some 1 arm drill totalled 1.8km. Back in tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

Openwater swim booked in for 17:00 tonight. Pray for me. Getting into the local pool was proving impossible and with an Oly in a months time… First swim in the wetsuit I bought well over a year ago. Managed to borrow some wetsuit bootes and gloves.

5 Likes

Pull and paddle day
Continuous other than 5 seconds every 1km to grab a drink

5 Likes

Some drills, 50s (~40s) and 100s (~1:27) for me this morning.

Arms are killing :confounded::pill::syringe:

@funkster is a sadist :point_up_2:t2:

4 Likes