Swimming for Hammers and Spoons

Wife is right, you are wrong :joy:

1 Like

But is it

Scone as is gone
Scone as is cone

Fastest cake in the world. 'scone.

3 Likes

Gone.

Sorry, I’m a northerner :joy:

Pre run warm up swim

1500m progressive - 8:03 / 7:52 / 7:50
500 fins and snorkel

2 Likes

Two swims in, relatively relaxed at 2.05/100 pace (sorry, yes I know its slow compared to you).

Signed up to the pool on DD so going to try swimming 2-3x per week, no current plan other than get some distance in and get comfortable in the water. From experience that takes me closer to 1.50 pace. Then we shall see what to do next.

6 Likes

Lane only had 2 people booked… so hoped for 2x1km.
Empty for 250metres then a few joined.
Felt good heading towards first km… none of my normal shoulder issues - so decided to just carry on.
Delighted to knock out 2k straight… had tried to lap the watch at 1km to check fatigue drop off… and looks like I hit a “rest” button - didnt even know that was a f**king thing!!
So no stats for the 2nd half FFS

So appears no manual lap feature on my 645 - hmm
Happy with overall time considering…
image

6 Likes

I hate the new garmins

Have to press lap twice

I was aiming for 100 x 100m a couple of years back and lost 2km, so decided to can it at 8km as there’d be no record

Ha - I fucked up as well, forgot to start my watch. Well started the app, selected swim but didn’t hit Start.:roll_eyes:

Tried paddles for 6x33, a bit weird and loose but I was motoring so probably not too bad for first go.

Otherwise pull buoy I think(?) honestly I can’t remember the session much as I was in a hurry. Supposed to be hundreds but recorded as 200s :man_shrugging:t2:

Something like 1466m

4 Likes

1,900m in 29mins :rofl::fire::cold_face:

That’ll do now I reckon

10 Likes

You can get home in time for the TTT :grin:

2 Likes

I can’t move now :rofl::see_no_evil::man_shrugging:t4:
Also currently in the beer aisle

1 Like

Nice job.

Much faster than I could do right now

More importantly where’s your new super tight wettie?

1 Like

Very nice work. You’ve got to be happy with that in a cold lake and a 4 month lay off :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ha ha ha
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m yanking yer chains chaps :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

The 750m loop was closed, as it’s too cold.
So I just did 4 x 400m off 7:00.

GPS is always diabolical in the lake, so I just trust what they’ve measured out.

@gingerbongo - It’s arriving tomorrow. Might take it for a dip in Windermere/Coniston/Grasmere this weekend. Depends how enamoured my wife and daughter will be with that idea :rofl:

2 Likes

I was going to have said. The GPS track in the background of the Garmin Connect activity summary is all over the place!

1 Like

That’s awesome, incredible pace after months without swimming

3 Swims this week

Day 1: 2200m @ 1:57
Day 2: 2400m @ 1:53
Day 3: 2500m @ 1;48

Today’s swim felt really good.

I know that you lot are really Cynical about Form Goggles. I got some in November, and in the 25m pool, doing sets, they were vaguely interesting, but no game changer. However, now I am using them in a 50m pool, swimming longer sets, I find them absolutely brilliant: I can see what difference changing my catch makes, I can see that I go a little faster if I slow everything down a bit, but if I start to glide I slow down pretty fast, I can see that I can improved my pace by 7s/100m if I kick harder, but I get tired quickly, so it’s sustainable over 200m but then becomes counter productive

5 Likes

Ha ha ha - see post after it :wink::rofl:
GPS was whack - pace was more like 6:40/400m :+1:t3: