T100 series

Looks like there has been a rebranding for the PTO series, and AG races alongside. The London Tri one looks interesting, most in the Us (do they not learn its a global sport). 2/80/18 format so a nice IM build maybe? A second mortgage is optional at £249 +£14.94 admin fee

6 Likes

was reading about these yesterday. The PTO had to do a bit of jigging about on dates and venues as IM launched their Pro circuit not long after the PTO announced their world series which clearly rattled IM.

Interesting that launch personnel included Ali Brownlee, LCB and Marisol Casado, WT President - some serious muscle there.

3 Likes

And the slightly dodgy dealings from the sound of things to prop up the existing Malibu race and stop Super League buying it.

2 Likes

Contracted athletes have to do 5 races plus the final, not going to leave much space for anything else. LCB has already said she’s going to skip Nice

2 Likes

Damn, thought this might have been a Terminator themed thread

15 Likes

That Marisol?

1 Like

Interesting that they are using the word Olympic…

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

I have been contemplating the benefits and risks of this…

will it help raise the profile of triathlon? - possibly…will it put smaller race organisers under more pressure? - probably…

1 Like

Not sure about that as far as UK is concerned - only 1 event and is the former London Tri which Challenge took over and have now sold to PTO. That event has had diminishing numbers for a good few years now.

2 Likes

Yes, but it may well attract participants from other races due to its marketing and trading…

1 Like

hmm - to be seen I guess.

1 Like

Alistair is being optimistic there

13 Likes

Sounds like a good equitable distance too; unlike IM or dare I say it… the Tristar 111 events :sweat_smile:

ITU Middle is/was 2/80/20 right? If you’ve done a bag full of 70.3s and can actually swim, this format is probably quite appealing.

4 Likes

Yep…I would be keen, bar the price and the obvious favouritism…

2 Likes

Rules me out

3 Likes

Favouritism?

all race organisers are equal but some are more equal than others…

I’m not really ofait with the scene anymore; could you elaborate for my edification? I’m guessing they are getting preferential treatment then?

List of race organisers allowed to call their event distances Olympic:

Whilst I see the benefit of using the pro athletes to support and promote racing, when el presidente is championing the cause, I think it requires a bit of extra scrutiny and consideration…