Tax credit for WFH

Are you still in procurements? Our head of gets a decent wedge, not that I’m suggesting you move oop north!

It’s just the “short” term contracts that put me off. 36 months for this role. I know those are long term by UN standards and once you’re in, the contracts tend to role over but it still niggles.

Chances of getting the job - basically none. But if you don’t try you don’t know.

2 Likes

Don’t you start to lose childcare benefits/allowances when one person is High Band and earns ca £50k down to nothing at £60k? So you could have a single income family on 60k getting nothing, and a dual income family potentially at £90k getting the full allowance and entitlement!

I may not have the figures exactly right.

4 Likes

Yup. My point exactly!

Yep, that is complete bollox. I simply can’t fathom the reasoning behind it.

1 Like

Votes innit. There are more dual income households, and you have to court those ‘hard working families’.

Yes that happens, you lose it when you go over £50k, a family on £100k get full child benefit where a single parent on £60k gets none. For a family with 3 children it’s worth £2594, so not an insignificant amount. Nonsense tax policy.

1 Like

The worst part about it is if you want to main NI credits for a non working partner you have to keep receiving it, then do a self assessment to tell them how much you have received, so they can take it back off you at a later date.

2 Likes

You can elect to not receive but still have the NI but finding the link to do it is ‘challenging’!

We stopped it years ago now. My wife is back at work so no need. Was a pain in the arse at the time.

1 Like

Had my revised PAYE coding notice come through today, so should see the small benefit coming through payroll from next month.

As there’s only 5 months of the year left, I’m guessing the uptick in pay will actually be a bit more noticeable than it might have been. I’ve worked out it should be about £26, so enough to largely cover a monthly takeaway, or something like that!

1 Like

Same here

Not for a family of four :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Chippie?? That’d just about cover it with kids portions, no?!

1 Like

Tbh we have takeaway max once a year. It’s nearly always a disappointment; all the chippies around here are shite. We had a great Indian on holiday with extended family, but it was £££.

I think maybe a lot of chippies use frozen chips now? They just seem so dry nowadays, most plaices.

2 Likes

First wage slip with the EV company car and plays £540 less than previous month In tax. Not sure how it can be right but gift horses and all that. Hopefully I dont have to give it back.

3 Likes

We very rarely have a take out. There aren’t any places in our village. We have a van that comes on Saturday evenings, the locals like it but I think it’s very average.

Once or twice a year we will drive the couple of times to Harestock, where there is a great chip pie but it’s very rare.

Most chippies in Oz ( that aren’t milk bars) are ‘wet fish’ shops.

:rotating_light::rotating_light:OLIGARCH ALERT :rotating_light::rotating_light:
:wink::rofl:

2 Likes

My favourite thing in NZ, buying fresh fish from the monger then taking next door to be battered & fried in the chip shop.

2 Likes

Yeah, always wondered why that wasn’t a thing over here. Being an island and all that, our fish game is poor.