TDF - As it happens

How’s this working out for you :joy:

( I thought the same)

4 Likes

Stage 2 was every bit as good as yesterday. Incredible riding and what a cast of top riders who can all animate this race.

4 Likes

Same at the Giro, super skinny jeans/trousers and no socks.

Stage 3? Who won?:rofl:

GC well shaken up there.

That would be telling and I need to make up ground in the fantasy tdf :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

Does seem OTT.

Awfully stupid but she’s…an imbecile in charge of a cardboard sign.

I’ll be honest and say I’m staggered a woman holding a cardboard sign can bring down a rider going 60km/h.

Suspect they need to show they’re doing something but…move on swiftly afterwards….

Very touching post stage interview with MvdP

5 Likes

Holy crap.
That was brilliant :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What a total guy he is.
#ManCrush

3 Likes

Have you ever done a full gas crit race? It takes a lot less than that to send the pack tumbling. It’s not the hit, it’s the trajectory of the bike once it skews sideways.

1 Like

I suspect it’s just for show, perhaps to remind everyone else to not be stupid the rest of the Tour.

In her defence, she was clear of the peloton as she saw it, then Dan Martin (or whoever it was) came up the inside. Either way, I don’t think the case would go to court.

1 Like

Jeez no. I was talking about the original impact, not the aftershocks, which are clearly going to be even bigger.

And my point is more: the woman was an appalling attention-seeker not Charlie Manson…her punishment will already be the social media hate afforded her…

2 Likes

Tony Martin

1 Like

Wasn’t it Chris Martin? #yellow

4 Likes

There was a fair bit of uncoupling!

1 Like

Are you seriously trying to suggest the riders did something wrong, and the “spectator” was not 100% at fault?!

Tony Martin didn’t “come up the inside”. He was riding along the road exactly like he’s supposed to do! If Tony hadn’t smashed into her, the whole line of riders the length of the peloton taking that same line would have also done so.

2 Likes

Thomas looks out, bad crash.

Yup think he is out gutted!

Back on!