Ten years in triathlon

I got a place at Escape from Alcatraz one year at (I think) Leybourne Lakes.

SF was a nice enough city, apart from the dire homelessness situation which I think has got even worse over the years.

5 Likes

It’s sounds fun, but is it?

I guess I’m in the phase where I’m starting to get more interested in the unusual than the pace.

When I was there last year it didn’t seem as bad as any other big US city, and TBH I was surprised how bad it was in Manchester on Thursday.

1 Like

Yes it was :+1:

2 Likes

Mark Twain once said “the coldest winter i ever spent was a summer in san francisco”

it is in an appalling mess…

1 Like

See. This is why you should never go anywhere :white_check_mark:

I’ve not once seen a homeless person in Duffield, Sir Davey Brailsford just takes them all in :joy::joy:

All the benevolent ex-Corrie stars and footballers take them in around here :+1:t3:

I bet Dyson’s manor is full of ‘em, too. He’s such a nice chap. Solving the Cotswolds homelessness one vagrant at a time.

3 Likes

Coming from Milford, I am considered indigent and get waved through Duffield.

Brailsfords motor home parked on the drive could house half the worlds homeless…

2 Likes

I think the T100 series has event which is in SF, with some ‘escape from Alcatraz’ branding. Not sure if it’s a T100 pro event added alongside the normal AGer race, or completely seperate.

1 Like

https://www.triathlon.org/news/article/san_francisco_added_to_the_new_t100_tour

I was out in SF in 2022. I’ve been there 6/7 times possibly my favourite city. Homelessness, drugs and crime had gone stratospheric since previous visit. They always had that but it could be avoided ‘stay out of the Tenderloin’ etc, but not any more.

I won’t go back until they get some sort of grip.

8 Likes

I’m surprised the wee Krankie hasn’t used that as a defence for the SNP’s motorhome

4 Likes