The Internet's advice is required! Giant vs Ribble

Lovely.

Yes. Like that! :+1:t2:

Colour looks the same as my old PX Stealth from back in the day! I like blue :+1:

I’m guessing you’re pretty tall? You can get some tri-bar mounts for those bars too. Looks like perfect bike for Bolton :wink:

1 Like

Very nice I had a 964 with a roof that colour…
So wish I’d have kept it now!

Some clip ons and your away!

Oh here we go :roll_eyes::sweat_smile: I had a 986S in Lapis Blue

Should have kept your 964; it would be worth a small fortune now, classic values have shot-up post financial crisis (due to crap interest rates).

Im not going to Lie colour was an important factor! I like Blue things as you can see in the photo!

Im not that tall, 6ft, still need to adjust a few things, the bars will drop i think.

Im on the hunt for the Giant Aero Clip on bars at a decent price.

I bought some from Tredz a few months ago, think they were £50?

1 Like

Nice looking bike!!

Think that’s the direction i’ll go, when i jump back into tri. A nice aero road bike, probably in that price bracket.

GB, if\when you come out of retirement cyclescheme are supposed to be removing the £1k cap depending, assuming the uni agrees to it so you can make a saving that way and pay over a year or whatever.

You’ll need to convince the Mrs of course, luckily mine has lost the way into the garage :joy:

Jeff

1 Like

Haha - yeah it’ll be another couple of years yet. Once mini Fletch #2 starts school i think.

I’ll probably go 2nd hand, try to get a bit more bang for the buck. Still dreaming at the moment.

Though saying that, i’m scheduled to win £126,000,000 on the Euromillions tonight. So may be coming out of tri retirement quicker than expected!!!

1 Like

Yes, some bargains second hand if you bide your time. I got a nearly new TCR a lot cheaper and it only had been used a couple of times.

Mind, remember the rest of us when you get rich tonight, you’ll be turning up to IM Wales in your Ferrari with the Pinarello on the roof :joy:

Jeff

…or whatever bike they’ve tested in Cyclist magazine this month. I can’t remember the last time they test rode a bike under £5k. Most bikes they review seem to be in the £6-12k bracket which is a joke. :roll_eyes:

Don’t forget that you really need a Dura Ace DI2 CF aero roadie to do 15mph cake rides.

1 Like

My ex wife wouldn’t drive it…
It just sat there and I worked too far to commute in it…
I did a straight swop…
You’d die if I told you what for…

Lapis blue is my favourite porky colour!

Forgot about the P5X with Di2 etc, there’s some nice bikes at the expo here.

Jeff

964s have more than doubled in value from when I was looking at them about 10 years ago! You could’ve got a clean one for £15k

Oh Lordy …
This is some time ago …!
Both cars were worth 11 k ish…
The Boxster s I swopped it for is probably worth 4? K today
The immaculate, Fsh, full leather retrimmed 964 convertible is over 35…ish…

Some you win…

Is that a bullet press??

Clearly Tri2Hard finances his bike habit by working as a hit man :rofl:

1 Like

It is indeed, two progressive ammo presses.