The motorcycle thread

I like Fowlers, their website lists all parts with exploded diagrams which is useful for when you can’t remember how you took something apart. I currently have a fuel tap o-ring on order from them, the only place who sells them.

2 Likes

And the award for putting the least effort into preparing a motorcycle for sale goes to:

3 Likes

Yeah nice snap. Had not been there in 30 yrs or more. Nice t9 see potential bikes under one roof. Nice to compare the Tiger Sport 660 up against Tracer 7.

I have to avoid that place like the plague, every time I go in I spend 10 times what I intended.

Came really close on a used MultiStrada S last time I was in.

I nearly walked out with a Shoei fliptop lid!

2 Likes

My wheels, finally getting some action. All primed up ready for top coat.

10 Likes

Another bike meet tonight, the smokers were out in force:

6 Likes

A few more interesting ones:

And we got divebombed at one point too.

6 Likes

Oosh, KR1S. Loved mine, it was on rails and was quicker than my mates Aprilia. Good times.

2 Likes

Fowler’s are known locally as Fowlups. Pretty much every one hates them. Personally I haven’t set foot in there since about 2005/6. I bought a new CBR600 from them and during the first service they damaged it and then refused to rectify. F*ck em with a big stick…

1 Like

No intention of buying from them but like cycle shops, there are so few places you can see multiple brands under on roof these days.

2 Likes

Day off today. Out on the bike. I’ve put it up for sale on the forum but looking at it glisten in the Sun, I won’t lose sleep if it doesn’t sell!

3 Likes

Any particular reason for the sale?

My job isn’t that secure over the next 12mths or so, LO is costing more with her activities and the CoL stuff, I’d rather using the money to hit the mortgage which I’m trying to pay off by this time next year.

Then I can get something else. It all started with thinking that we could go down to one car if I had a different type of bike (Tracer 7 for example) that I could use for transport. Giving it some thought though and it will be still handy to have two cars because of races, and LO’s club stuff which will be more impactful from Sept.

Maybe a bit of guilt. I have an unhealthy aversion to debt and tend to obsess about about paying things off. I probably wouldn’t have bought it if I had seen it Feb or March this year with all the impact of energy, interest rates and other stuff being understood.

I dunno, probably a bit of anxiety/guilt about having it whilst the mortgage is still there.

3 Likes

Apologies, didn’t mean to pry. I wrongly assumed it was bike related. Completely understand however.

No worries at all. On the actual bike side of things, I don’t find the bike heavy but it wears its weight pretty high, so can be a handful around the garage.

I still find the throttle pretty sensitive, despite having the ECU flashed but there’s nothing about it that I don’t get on enough with to warrant changing.
It looks extremely pretty to my eyes and considering how popular they are, I don’t see that many about.

1 Like

Until just a moment ago there had been no movement on anything I ordered last payday, that being a new fuel tank, new tail end bodywork and wheel powder coat. It’s really annoying because I can’t final-fit the exhaust until I get the tail unit, can’t fit the radiator and the cooling system until I fit the exhaust, can’t do the brakes until I get the wheels… There’s nothing I can do.

Then a few moments ago, the wheels are ready…

9 Likes

Nice, is that more red than orange?

I think that’s fairly typical for fuel injected bikes these days. They’re night and day different to carbed bikes for snatchiness. The only way I’ve ever managed to smooth out part throttle sensitivity is with a Dyno and a guy doing individual tunes. Even then I’ve not always had success. The old KTM 990 LC8 engines were brilliant unless you wanted just 1-2% throttle. Then they were just awful. The word character gets thrown around a lot :grin:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a good point and I’ve been out of the game so long I’ve not much to compare to. I’ve race some EFI bikes before but not modern ones.
I actually find it fine at roundabouts and slow corners and I think that’s down to the flash but where I notice it is half less than 1/3 throttle in a 30/40 zone for example. Also hitting bumps/pot holes can make it seem jerky.