The motorcycle thread

Bike has gone :cry:

5 Likes

Shame, but understand why you did it.

I think I will be parting with the GS soon, I can’t justify what it costs against how much I use it.

1 Like

I’ll re-asses next year. Either a more useful all rounder or back to the brief of ‘cheap and cheerful’ Saturday afternoon bike.

Bloody glad I did own it though. It re-lit the flame for sure :grin:

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts, it’s a big old thing to use for the shops and household admin, but a cheapo DL or SV could fill that gap for not much money.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that but impressed with the way you can decide which way to go. I think I’m a semi hoarder and find it difficult to part with stuff.

Buy, my eBay motorcycle parts are doing well at the moment, the old Arrow exhausts are at £210 and the RGV owner manual has had a bidding war this evening and is now at £32. No movement on the printing tools and I thought they’d be popular. Might pull the tools rather than sell for a last minute punt.

3 Likes

Thanks Andy, your project is amazing and definitely has me thinking about a genuine 80s (affordable) classic next time around. Really it just gets me motivated to pay the house quicker and just, as the quicker I can do that, the quicker I can get another.

But it’s the right play for now.

2 Likes

The woke school of bike advertising:

2 Likes

New oil filler and drain bolts have arrived. I’m getting a lot of pleasure from titanium at the moment. :drooling_face:

8 Likes

I’m not sure the laws of physics adequately explain this🤔

3 Likes

Brilliant to see Marc back this weekend. Let’s hope his latest operation allows him to get comfortable on a bike again and in 2023 we get to see some of his old form return. I’ve truly missed watching his antics on a bike, superhuman doesn’t even begin to cover it.

3 Likes

Just like riding a bike :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Sublime.

Nearly topped the timesheets on his first day back too.

Also good to see Cal back briefly as well, if only for the interviews :joy:

1 Like

We owe King Kenny a lot.

I’m missing the correlation?

Controlled rear wheel steer.

Ah, with you. There’s quite a few world champions since that didn’t get the memo :slightly_smiling_face:

It all started with Kenny and it wasn’t easy on the 500s. Marquez has a body style all of his own though, very nice to watch.

Err, canon ball :laughing:.

2 Likes

What a mad few corners :open_mouth:

Then a weird scooter crash on the access road.

But the most mental thing from the weekend has to be the data guys from Sterilgarda. What the heck were they thinking?

2 Likes

Yeah, everyone certainly knows Marc is back for sure, way to make an entrance (although I don’t blame him for much of what happened - maybe leaning on Taka but maybe had to to stay on himself)
The pit lane incident in Moto 3 was absolutely disgraceful - I’ve never seen anything like it. Apparently those guys were on the plane to Japan despite being banned for 2 races. I’m not sure they should ever be in the pit lane again.

1 Like