The Pain Cave & Shed Awards

Oh Matt That is disgraceful not a single piece of junk in sight, how can anyone rip into you when you don’t give them the ammo? A few questions about the extension leads but very little to work with there

6 Likes

Any better?

Door stop

3 Likes

Making use of your Nice 70.3 WC towel I see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spooner, geezus that’s more like a museum /art gallery set up!
My offering…

Fridge within easy reach is a nice touch I find. Not ran the tumble for added humidity, yet.

7 Likes

That’s a really nice set up :ok_hand:t4::+1:t3:

@Matthew_Spooner is winning. Good taste in ales, too. That plum porter is a beauty

That’s better Matt

Plug socket bit dodgy but overall it’s a strong set up

Do we all own a large number of tyres, either hanging on hooks or tucked into storage boxes, that will never be fitter to a bike?

I think that your framed Outlaw picture needs some work… or at least the shirt re-folding

I’ve got a bunch of wheels hanging on a long hook so I put a tyre between each wheel to stop them rubbing/scratching.

1 Like

Yeah that f**king Outlaw T-shirt keeps falling off. The wife made it up, she’s fixed it so many times I can’t ask again (and I’m obviously too busy in the hurtbox to have time for that :slight_smile: )
I’m now feeling bad about the plug and cables - I’ll tidy that later. Funny how some things you don’t notice even though you’re staring straight at them.

Tyres - haha. Yeah, half of them brand new taken off bikes never to be used.

No!
I have one spare tubular tyre for the ride and another £13 Vittoria Strada ready to replace the spare when I get home…until the delivery of a new tyre arrives.
There’s a decent bike shop in the village, Trek is about 10 miles away, Spesh Concept Store is near the Chester office, there’s an Evans in Manchester and one on the way to the dog groomers.
I think I only have two spare tubes, too.

You’re all sat on depreciating assets there :wink:

I consider myself lucky that due to working flexi hours I have the opportunity to turbo at lunch. The problem is that as the business footprint changess the places I can set up varies.
This is possibly the worst I have had, the decommissioned toilet in a bombproof warehouse. Apart from the lingering smell my particular favourite touch is the sandbags in the urinal & toilet to stop rats entering.
Obviously, no WiFi or phone signal

8 Likes

Here is mine. Lovely warm spare room. Yet to install the 32" LCD currently residing in the playroom (yet to break it to the kids I am nicking it either)

Dont @ me about the sticker residue on the seat post. I have since remove that :neutral_face:

1 Like

There is a distinct lack of ventilation in some of your pain caves. By removing the retaining latches, my window folds horizontally down and makes an excellent shelf for screen, fan fits really nicely into the window to blow cold air directly onto me. Boiler makes basement very warm.

@mw22 have had a bit of a purge on tyres recently and sold on some of the new unwanted ones, however, still got loads of spares

Oooh, this is going to take some beating.
Handy if you put yourself so far into the hurtlocker that you end up puking though! (Although maybe not with the sandbags)

4 Likes

Good grief, that is truly grim! Definite max #hurtlocker points.

2 Likes

Ah I miss having a basement like Matt has; it makes for an excellent set-up off-the-bat.

@Doonhamer that is awesome; literally no distance if the effort gets so much that you are at risk of sh!tting yourself.

That’s quite a fitting location to be watching The Wire.

re-up!

2 Likes

Shhheeeeettttt

1 Like

Proper hard core!

1 Like