The Time Trial Thread

Just seen that mate. No pressure! Let’s see how long I can hold you off for.

Haha not sure about that. Should be a good one :+1:t2:

1 Like

Has Joe Skip been dq” d from the 12 hour that he won…!?
The guy who came second is a valuable source of information
His feed just stated he had been made the winner.
This was always on the cards, sad really after all that graft from JS

Yes. I’ve just heard this too.

Believe they’ve actually listed him as a DNF

He went off course…
I messaged an old mate of mine the day he won, gloating that a tri guy had beat his elite… well unpaid riders at least.
He replied laughing that the results hadn’t been “ finalised “ and Joe Kipper … his words would probably be DQ”d …
I think it was Tro Saracen who said something similar at the time…
Still a great ride

Yes, DNF. Bumps me up to 20th😀, but obviously committee did not accept the organisers decision to dock the short lap.

He’s down in Tenby now, think he’ll smoke the bike here.

1 Like

Hope so
Didn’t that Ryan Perry tt star and Army guy do a 4:50 at Wales…?!
That is just silly for a non pro on that course.
Be interesting to see how many go under 6 hours on a good day.

Yeah I was following the TTF thread at the time. It’s better that he’s classed as DNF as he’ll face no further punishment (bans etc…)

Obviously as a professional triathlete he probably doesn’t care about a CTT ban. A club mate has said it can effect racing BC too but again not really an issue for him

Yeah bit of a one off target as he couldn’t run.
I get what your saying but a difficult competition record which is basically what he did recorded as a DNF is just a bit pesh poor…
As you say I really don’t think he gives two hoots what the CTT BC or any other two wheeled big wigs do…

Hope he goes well on Sunday

1 Like

Yeah completely agree. Whole thing is a bit of a shame really

Any club chat about this weekends 50 @wheezy.

Current forecast is lightning and showers :upside_down_face::grimacing:

Really? Oh blimey, as if that course couldn’t be any more fun!

It’s my wife’s birthday on Saturday so there is a very good chance I’m going to have the most enormous hangover. getting my excuses in early Adam!

Obviously a few days to go and MET office forecast looks better than BBC. If it remains like that I’d expect the org to cancel it. That’s certainly what’s been happening on a few of the A3 events in rain.

1 Like

Forgot to add this to the thread but managed to get my first ever sub hour 25 on the 7th Sept on the E2/25 with a 58:19, rubbish compared to the rest of the field mind as it only placed me 99th out of 121 finishers but for me it was a massive PB! :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice one :point_up:Great course the E2/25 - I wonder how long we’ll be able to keep it though :thinking:

Someone said that it would probably be banned for next season, don’t know how true that is? I have no issue with it, feels like the safest DC course I have ridden (not that I have ridden many)

E2/25 used to run events Saturday afternoon all season; now they can run them early and late in the season but not the middle bit.

I’d guess we’ll move to Sunday am only use before any outright ban.

It is the safest DC I’ve ridden. I did a couple of F1’s, didn’t feel safe and canned them. Never tried Etwall. I also ride the A11 DC’s but IMO the E2 is safer.

If the E2 goes its hard to see any DC course surviving.

I’ve rode Etwall a fair few times.
I marshalled on it and realised how fast cars go on it.
I then drove on it and realised that you do go fast on it (it’s the M6 to M1 cut through)
Someone then got killed during an event and my club stopped running events on there.
It’s due to become a designated expressway soon, so there’ll be no TTs ever again on it.

It’s not simply about safety, it’s about the unfair advantage and disruption caused in high traffic, so just because the road is now too busy, does not mean that other non-busy courses would also be out.

Entered the Kingston Wheelers Sporting 14 again, which is my usual season opener. It’s motivating me to get those kilos off around my middle so I don’t have to lug them up Hungry Hil. I’ve also entered the Dorking and Redhill Hardriders events. I’m just incorporating them as part of my long Sunday ride but quite fancy getting some racing going on early.

2 Likes