The Time Trial Thread

Yeah, there is only 1 club 10 near me (as far as I know!) so not much to research. But it’s definitely a secret handshake required to find out what is going on. Their argument would be it’s a club local 10, and the local clubs that organise it know about it, everyone else is an extra.

Haven’t checked yet but would think that those wonderful HS2 works will have an impact on TTs round here this year. There’s a 10 which definitely won’t happen as the dual carriageway has been reduced to a narrow single for the last 12 months

That argument is lazy.

In the same way that the parkrun website brings together all volunteer run parkruns into a single system (yes not quite the same thing) it would be immensely better if there was something for club 10s. That’s the start to getting more new people into the grass roots sport. Rather than wondering why there aren’t enough marshals for 12h opens.

1 Like

A few local ones to us have closed ranks in recent years and members only, although that was partly Covid as well.

Interesting to see what happens this year.

I’d agree they can be at best confusing for the uninitiated :joy:

This was his response. Cos that’s the way you get people into a sport…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Your comments regarding finding it difficult to navigate and to understand Districts and courses and where they are and where they go. Firstly if you had purchased a handbook even one and never again it would give you all the detail required including all the rules and regs which when entering you tick the box saying you agree to them. Boundaries would be detailed all your local officials who to contact etc etc. armed with that knowledge you would soon know your way around.

1 Like

They aren’t the most welcoming bunch. It’s easy to see why people pop on Strava or do sportives.

I suspect some districts are better but when they add a new race or course you like to know where it is for travelling and to judge how dangerous it might be.

Yeah that’s just wank quite frankly.

Old fashioned dinosaurs trying to keep themselves ‘different’. Hate stuff like this, and they’re patronising AF. That really boils my piss.

6 Likes

Didn’t know whether to put this in the aero budget thread (probably not :smile:) or here. Amazing ride!

Just received this in my inbox.

1 Like

Yep, my club passed it on.

Not a great survey tbh. Very limited, closed questions and not much space to ask for other feedback.

1 Like

First 10TT of the season tonight and pretty happy with the results and 33s off a PB but still early days. Traffic issues at the turn around which is just after a village with 20MPH restrictions so no chance of getting past vehicles crawling along.
New FTP of 314w and now hit 4.77WKG and the best thing it’s only April.

15 Likes

I started the time trial yesterday, 9 minutes 26 before I punctured… but at least I felt smug going back to the bags safe in the knowledge that I’d checked there was a spare valve extender in the saddlebag.

Sadly, it turned out the valve extender wouldn’t go on the spare tube - the threads were weirdly different, still at least I felt smug that I had a patches, never easy finding the hole in latex by the side of the road, but I did. CO2 on, inflated, but as Maryka was putting the wheel back on the bike while I was packing up, “bang”, not the tube though, the tire off the rim slightly, still, at least I had a pump with me.

Sadly, the pump is a piece of shit that wouldn’t inflate the valve extender on the latex, if you pushed it on enough to inflate, it closed the valve, if you didn’t it leaked, all very strange, whilst I was waiting for Maryka to come back with the van, I even broke the valve extender playing with it, not that it really mattered of course…

So 9:26 at 272w or so for 6.1km and I was already about 8 seconds behind Maryka at that point, she did 24:37 so I would’ve likely gone for a short 25 at best, and lost to Maryka, at least DNF’ing kept my unbeaten record against her…

My heart rate was up to 155 when I stopped, which is still way below what I would’ve done a 10 at three years ago, but it was at least higher that I thought I might’ve got to, entering the race helped a little bit.

12 Likes

Sleaford Wheelers Charity 10 for me today.
Course PB - 22.29.
Power is down on last year c.10w but position is more aggressive and offsets the loss. Whilst the time is nothing special for a single carriageway out and back, I seem to be doing better that expected positionally and against local rivals.

The difference … I suspect lots of long sunday rides at c.14.5mph over winter.

12 Likes

First TT of the year for me at the GYCC Good Friday 10. Was hoping for close to 23 mins but came home in 23:54 which I was pretty disappointed with tbh. On the plus side the only way is up!

9 Likes

Not managed any TTs yet this year but just entered the F2/50 on 3rd June. Anyone else going to be there?

Looks like @leahnp on Strava averaged 311W/43.4kmh for a 10 mile TT tonight :muscle::rocket:

12 Likes

Cheers @fruit_thief killer head wind on the way out so 12:30 on the way out and 9.08 on the return leg :scream:

11 Likes

I can’t make 3rd June but doing F2/50 on Saturday. Wind looking frisky but hoping for a good one.

Nice ride @leahnp you can’t beat an insanely quick return leg….

2 Likes

1:56:58

Definitely a whoosh/grind sort of day across 4 laps, got pretty beat up by the headwinds in the second half costing a shot at 1:55 but enjoyed it and went ok.

High class field, not many 2:xx:xx times and reckon I was bottom half, possibly bottom third……

16 Likes

Good time on a rough day though :+1: