The Triathlete who came in from the cold

I just did a quick bit of googling to refresh my memory and found a few ideas if you haven’t tried already.

1. Grease the bolts really well to make sure the torque is from tightness not friction.
  2. The bolts are slightly too long, bottoming out in clamp, put a washer on them or cut down slightly.
  3. Aluminium foil or similar to shim the post
1 Like

Thank you. Will give those a shot

1 Like

Good luck.
I haven’t done a marathon in 6 years, hadn’t been on a bike in about 10 and although I spend a lot of time in the water, havent swum lengths in years.- but I’m aiming for IM distance some time next year.- I’m giving myself loads of time and trying very hard not to risk tomorrow by getting carried away today.

Slow and steady will build better than all or nothing.

4 Likes

Good luck

I’m kind of there with you, although I’ve kept up the cycling just not done much running and not swum since December. I too have a worried-looking P3 gathering dust and wondering wtf the big fat man has in store for it😀!

I’m sure you will lose weight dramatically from shifting to active mode from sedentary. Especially, if -as hard as it might be- you remove some of those booze calories from the equation…

Let starlord be your inspiration!

1 Like

Aren’t you MK? I live in Emerson Valley, but seem to spend half my life outside Stantonbury Pool waiting for kid to finish swimming (have been making use of the time lately learning to wheelie).
Happy to do some slow running, biking (road/redway/gravel/mtb/bmx etc.) or general exercise at times to suit. OW swim for free in the Ouse at Calverton (near Stony Stratford), I don’t bother with Willen OW swim sessions as spend a lot of time wakeboarding there and don’t feel the need to pay another £6.50.

Join LBTri - they are just down the road but are a very friendly club and will ease you back in gently…

@GRamsay – Good luck!

The first step to solving a problem is recognising the problem and admitting you have it.

So, you have certainly made the first step and I hope come to the right place for support.

This is something I can also relate to. :roll_eyes:

I’ve spent the last couple of years trying to lose weight and get back into shape.

What has helped me is keeping the long-term picture in mind, when the short term is patchy.

My training and weight updates will not be pretty this month.

But the context is I’m lighter and fitter than I was 2 years ago.

I know I still have a long way to go, but the important thing is to keep heading in the right direction.

So what if April was bad?

I hope May will be better.

The key is that if I can stick at it, I know I will be in a better place in another year’s time.

You have a long road ahead, so pace yourself to reach your chosen destination.

Good luck and take care, Paul. :slight_smile:

5 Likes