The TriTalk Trophy Cabinet

Decent haul of silverware already this season from @TROSaracen , @bluepoolshark , @Chriswim and others.

So how about a thread to celebrate it all.

Won an Ironman? Come 3rd (out of 3) in your age group at the local supersprint? Won £1000? Or a pair of socks and a “well done”? It’s all good. Post a pic of it here:

11 Likes

Alright I’ll kick off. It’s a low bar.

3rd men’s relay team in a small local marathon 2 weekends ago. We each ran 10.5km. My main contribution was not to get lost, and also to be team chauffeur.

Prize= 1 bottle of cider, which remains unconsumed

16 Likes

Is this like the Willy waving thread :joy:

Does a first place at a parkrun count? Erm, ignoring the fact there was only 18 finishers :joy:

5 Likes

I reckon anything is claimable, including any ‘fastest transition’ awards……

6 Likes

Starts training for transitions :joy:

2 Likes

Does it have to be 2022 onwards?
Or can we whip out trophies (well, images of, as I keep nothing) from times of yore?

You can’t hang off past glories … surely it’s got to be this year.

1 Like

But I’m not gonna win/podium anything this year :sob:

LO made me a card that says ‘THE GREATEST DAD EVER’.

That’s about as good as it’s getting this year :joy:

I think I only have one trophy, won it at a 5km in Gerrard’s Cross a few years ago.

8 Likes

Maybe last 5 years :grimacing:

1 Like

Got a tri relay one or two from a while ago somewhere but my favourite recent one is a narrowboat

11 Likes

That’s ace!

1 Like

ah - the old JW Ultra narrow boat prize - they were good

2 Likes

…if you need to ask.

I once won an Aquathlon.

7 entries.

An c. 16 stone lady put over 5 minutes into me on the 1.5k swim, caught up with her on the 2k.

12 Likes

Saturday at the LRRA 10 TT ( Lincs County 10)
Fastest Middlemarker (on basis that not ridden a dual carriageway 10 since the demise of the V and had a nice shiny higher than 22:00 LTS )
Some might say it’s a cheap win, others might say who cares as they moonwalk away from the awards table at the County shindig next February :trophy:

12 Likes

Excellent, well done. Let me guess: prize £15 for an event that cost £12 to enter?

4 Likes

It’s the kudos though, init :grin:

1 Like

A win is a win, great result

Boomshackalacka.

9 Likes