This Place

Ah yes sorry.

Are you saying there’s somewhere new to rent your dvds? Cos I’m really struggling to find a blockbuster that’s still open right now.

1 Like

Don’t laugh but blockbuster was my pre-retirement plan.

Always thought I’d pay off my house then go get a job in blockbuster to keep me sane and pay a few bills.

Suppose it’s the same idea as wanting to work at a record shop or bookshop, but I was a genuine movie nerd 20 years ago and thought the idea of getting all these newer films for free was awesome!

Nothing to me summarises the incredible technological shift we have lived thru the last 20 years then the fact I will no longer be spending my final years of work watching telly and occasionally taking some cash from people…

Oh and…apparently there’s 1 in Canada in some remote place, a franchise deal. People make pilgrimages…otherwise, nada.

2 Likes

Click the number in bottom right where it says (eg) 378/522, and it’ll open a nice scroll bar for you to scroll to where you want :+1:

1 Like

I said we avoided Blockbuster’s fate, by moving with the times!

Thanks. I do try that but it keeps jumping back up. Maybe it’s an IOS thing?

I know. Think my joke went over everyone’s heads! :joy:

I was self deprecating, in the sense that I was still hoping to rent dvds and didn’t realise they’d closed.

Never mind. Must try harder. :joy:

2 Likes

don’t be fooled…i’ve met some of these guys… :wink:

9 Likes

Please continue.

I love your stories and jokes.

In all seriousness I think you may well be the magic glue that binds TT together…

Not to denigrate others, but you have a gift of calming stuff.

Use it.

Live long and prosper. Etc.

There is a way via the post 1276/2065 part of the thread. Just start clicking a few things, you can jump to a post number as well. Its not the most obvious thing though

1 Like

do you use the discourse app or just via safari. Try the app if you don’t use it.

harsh … but fair

1 Like

I use just the basic site on iPad ( safari) and MacBook ( safari or Chrome). On my phone ( Android) I access it via chrome. I guess I should load the app!

1 Like

I lurked for ages brought here to learn more about swimming. I have really enjoyed it during lockdown with some good tri and non-tri threads. It does seem much more grown up since the move the new site (well done @Hammerer) after being quiet on TT 1.0 for a while. I have met @Adam and @Poet in person and they’re both great blokes. I have chatted off here with @Hammerer, who is a top bloke. I do feel that because the lockdown and lack of racing people have been discussing much more about their lives, maybe partly because of less contact with their normal social circles but as a result I know many of you much better. I enjoy the p!ss taking too. Hopefully when racing resumes I can meet more of you in person.

6 Likes

Yes be good to share a Chilean Pisco Sour with you :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah totally agree with that.

I’m still socially engineering you all ready to wipe your bank accounts out though! :wink:

6 Likes