Tour of Britain 2021

So why not just spruce that up, rather than pay lots of money to ASO put on a bike race?

My point is it won’t happen. If you are inviting people to visit you will tidy the house, if not, far less likely. Especially if the prevailing attitude is don’t spend any money on frivolous things.

That was a pretty intense last 10km.

You’d think in this day and age they could get a drone up for the finish at least, to get some aerial shots of the finale as I appreciate smaller races like this won’t afford a :helicopter:.

Quite excited about getting out tmw now, even if it’ll be a bit ‘blink and you’ll miss it’.

2 Likes

The coverage of the last 300m was a tad shoddy.

‘Let’s see who is leading coming round this bend’

9 Likes

Did you get the right day :laughing: ?

7 Likes

A cyclist! In fact, 3😂

8 Likes

erm, you know the race finished a couple of hours ago?

Looks like you had a cracking day out :sun_with_face::mountain:🚵‍♂:yum:.

Have the ITV moto-cameras always been so jittery, or have I been spoilt by Eurosport coverage?

We have the tour going past the house on Saturday so no need to go anywhere this time. In the Scottish Borders we have been lucky with the number of times the tour has come through and host event the finish or the grand depart.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. But I watched the stage highlights yesterday and they were pretty crap! :joy:

I did punch a kid to get a water bottle though. So that’s a bonus. Got me a DSM one.

Mate had Owain Doull’s bottle, sorry bidon. He’s got a great action shot of the bottle in mid flight being launched! :joy:

5 Likes

Love a team time trial, don’t see many these days.

1 Like

Genuinely never been more proud of a TT member.

9 Likes

Sorry, I may have embellished a tad. We did give the parents some banter about nabbing them all, but I did give the kid the first one.

2 Likes

Great stage today, and what a finish!

2 Likes

Getting excited for today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Saw the bike shop staff in Sainsbury’s last night buying nice wine to give out today, they’ve got loads of delicious looking cakes with little
union flags in them and bunting out.

It’s gonna be a great day today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Back home before the rain!

Man they go past quick.

Who’s commentating with Ned?

2 Likes

Adam Blythe

1 Like

Ah - club mate has his old 3T bike :+1:t3:

1 Like

Raining in Warrington now. Should be a bit sketchy after a week without rain.