TPU Tubes (Tubolito, Pirelli etc)

Has anyone used these? Tbh I’m only really interested in their tiny size as spares; worth it for that alone. What I’m most interested in, is whether anyone has used the cheap ones for around £10-12; found on eBay under the RideNow or Race Formula brands. TIA!

1 Like

Tubeless. End of. :wave:

But in seriousness, I’ve a massive saddle bag, as I carry two tubes and tyre boots and all kinds of crap - as I can’t call home for a lift back.

I’d rather have the peace of mind that a tube will work, rather than save half the space and 20g :person_shrugging:t3:

Get a Silca Premio roll instead. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I did and I didn’t like it at all. Great quality, but the whole roll concept is not space efficient. Sold it to @Doka iirc :slightly_smiling_face:

Went back to a little Pedros Blowout Bag, made from recycled tubes.

Got one of these which is sublime kit; but the ratchet mechanism broke, so it’s useless now :rage: Review: Silca T-Ratchet Kit + Ti-Torque Kit | road.cc

2 Likes

So it’s not sublime then?

Just overpriced :roll_eyes::person_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

This has prompted me to email them to see if I can buy just a replacement Ratchet piece. Sublime until it broke; just like an Italian sports car :rofl:

2 Likes

Still going strong & would buy again.

2 Likes

Silca are sending me out a free replacement part, as it’s covered for 7 years :+1:

2 Likes

Sublime customer service that :+1:

3 Likes

It won’t have far to come; the Distributor is 10 mins away :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sublime result that :heart_eyes::white_check_mark:

2 Likes

£44 on the gear wipes. Yes or No? :see_no_evil: :rofl:

I ordered 4 Tubolitos from one of the German sites as it worked out cheaper even with £8 postage. Two in my wheels and two in saddle bag as spares. What can I say… they’re tiny, so great for spares, don’t bleed air like latex, and are tougher than latex and butyl. I think as spares they’re a no brainer. 4 of the super light versions are the same volume as a 25mm butyl tube. Even on my tubeless bike I carry two tubolito tubes for the no-seal scenario.

If I lived in town again I’d not run Tubolitos in my wheels as they’re too expensive and I used to get too many glass punctures. Awesome for the saddle bag though.

I spotted the cheap eBay offerings but assumed they’d be shit. But I’m happy for you to experiment :rofl:

Edit- Decathlon seem to be winning on Tubo price in UK.

4 Likes

Watching with interest.

1 Like

Last week I got 4x Vittoria Latex tubes for £7.99/ea for the 30-38mm size (25-28 were £12.99). Wiggle. I carefully shoehorned them into my 27mm Pave CGs. I figure they will be under less stress at least!

1 Like