Trail & Ultra Running Thread

Look like two groups of two have made a gap but I’m amazed how spread that field is already!

Front two still very close to each other after nearly 15 hours. Getting to the point where you either race your race or race the competition with any CP stops of length I assume

leader retired, which leaves just one person way ahead of the chasing pack, and currently, hours ahead of course record pace.

1 Like

Demian Hall isn’t it? Think he’s either the current or the previous record holder himself.

What’s amazing is that he’s hours ahead and only and 4cm on the map. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sabrina Verjee leading the women. I can’t take to her but she’s doing amazing :+1:

1 Like

I think the winter record is held by Jasmine Paris….

1 Like

He’s a long way ahead of the competition and record at the moment but still early days, which sounds crazy 28 hours into a race

don’t think there can be a course record this year though, as they’ve shut part of the course, and 15 miles is being done by car

wow really, due to landslide or something?

weather…. apparently storm Arwen has wreaked havoc on a woods high in the Cheviots, with lots of trees down across the route, blocking streams and creating impassable areas, and with many trees remaining unstable, they’re cutting a short section out.

I guess forcing people to wade through waist deep water and then have to run across a moor in knee deep snow in wet clothing isn’t that wise.

1 Like

I really like ultras but honestly, this just sounds miserable AF to me.

4 Likes

and only £975!

4 Likes

Wrong way Dave!
Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 16.25.48

assume he’s in a car on his way home and left the tracker on

5 Likes

he knows a short cut :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Ah - that would account for the very straight bit on the course further on - was wondering about that

Really enjoying the updates on insta in the Montane Spine Race stories. Didn’t know that Damian Hall was coached by David Roche - got a soft spot for David :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: He used to post regularly on Slowtwitch, he’s just so lovely and always took his time to answer everyones questions and tell them how great they are.

Damian is def. aiming for the course record this year! Samuel Hill is hilarious, he told Damian he was only 2hrs ahead when he was in fact 6!!

2 Likes

David Roche is very often the guest on Ginger Runner’s YT channel, top bloke.

2 Likes

Sadly he won’t get the overall record as part of the course is closed so being completed by road:

1 Like

and he’s retired now as well

oh dear